Tuesday, August 1, 2017

GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!

This post is a total vent.  So, if you don't like vents or will think of me as whiny, then just skip it.

Before I vent, in the back of my head, I know these things to be true...

1- We are very blessed to have this house fall in our lap and to have the ability to add space to make it fit us better

2- This house basically had everything on my "want/ need" list

3- In the overall scheme of things, these weeks waiting on the rooms to be done is so small.

4- This time next year, this summer will be a memory.

We closed on the house June 6.  A week later the popcorn ceiling started coming down.  We were told after the popcorn was down, then completing the renovation of the two new rooms would be about 2-3 weeks.... this was June 22.  We are now at August 1.  Today the carpet is going in.  I am crossing my fingers that by Friday, we will be finished.  But, I am in full pessimist mode right now so lets be honest.  They will never be done.  I kid, I kid- I think.

I have spent countless hours with a paint brush in my hand.  My parents gave up another Saturday to help me.  I knew with the carpet coming today that I wanted to have 99% of the painting complete so I would not mess up the carpet.  Though I have some touch ups to do, the only painting left is my bathroom and the upstairs den and small hallway upstairs.
Hunt's room... this from about a week ago.  Coat of primer

This shows how Shoji White (in the crease) is really not a bright white... it is crazy because by itself it looks quite white.  I love paint- I am so odd!

I had the flourescent lights taken down in the kitchen and the master bath... Unfortunately, I had this taken down after the popcorn ceilings were already completed which left BIG sections unfinished.  I scraped them and then had the drywall guy, Mr Harold, mud it for me.  This is why I paid $2000 or someone else to scrape the popcorn.  It was easy to scrape but SOOOOO messy.

Yesterday, I did a little bit of yardwork... I am actually looking forward to really/ literally getting my hands dirty.  I took a couple before pics but let's wait for an after picture to make me feel better about the progress.

Moses has stayed at his co-owners (AKA- my parents... haha) house until the men are finished since he doesnt really love strangers.  I miss him terribly.  We visit mom and dads every couple of days to visit with him.  I so wish he was more friendly and less guard-dog like.

Chad is in football world.  As the athletic director as well, he works from 6am to 9 pm.  We live totally separate lives this time of year.

I head back to work August 10.  Though I like my job, I would be lying if I said I was excited about going back.  I am a loner at heart and long to retire... haha.

The boys get along most of the time, but there are days when they just fight and fight and fight.  We have not been able to unpack due to the rooms not being complete, so though are kind of on top of each other. We are all anxious to have our own spaces!

Ok, so this wasnt a total vent but let me just say again- I am sooo ready to have all this work done and to final settle in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment