Thursday, July 6, 2017

House on a Hill - 2

It has been exactly a month since we closed on our house.... we are hopeful that we will be moved in in a couple weeks.

 Last week, Carlos, the popcorn ceiling guy, finished and the ceilings really do look amazing... who knew ceilings would make such a difference!  Lat week, another Carlos, began framing out the space above the garage.  This included raising the height the of the hallway and framing out the 2 bedrooms, 2 closets, and the hallway.   Yesterday, the electrician and HVAC crew began working- it was so hot and I felt bad for them stuck up in that hot hot hot room!  Insulation is supposed to go in Friday.  By the end of the next week, everything (besides maybe the flooring) should be ready!


Newly framed hallway

End of hallway... to the left is a bedroom and straight ahead is a bedroom

Another view of bedroom and closet

Moses checking things out... this was his first trip to the house

My parents gave me Monday to help me paint.  We made a good bit of progress even between our distractions.  Guys, there are so many things to distract at this house... it is seriously potential project after potential project after potential project... and I can not wait!!!

The battle of the right whitish.  I didnt want my trim color to be the normal bright white.  This house isnt a bright white kind of house.  After much debate, I settled on Shoji White (Sherwin Williams).  It is a warm white and looks really good.  In fact, you can see the picture below and see I decided to paint my kitchen this same whitish color.  Ceiling also go Shoji White.

New Fridge.
And freshly painted door...thinking about painting all the interior doors this color as well as the kitchen cabinets.  Color is Sherwin Williams- Iron Ore and it lush.
So fun working with these two... hysterical.  The wall to the left h


I then spent most of the 4th with a paint brush in my hand.  I did take about 3 hour mid day break to head up to Chad's family pool to celebrate our nation, but then headed right back to the house and worked until after 9 at night.   There is still so much to do but I am confidant that we will get it done.




Master Bedroom before anything

The beginnings of the master bedroom paint job.  I used the leftover color from the dining room area (it was just enough) for  above the chair rail. It is Sherwin Williams- Poised Taupe.  Below chair rail will be Shoji White.
Here is a close up of Poised Taupe.  I actually like the wet version (right) a smidge better than the dry version, but is a very pretty color and adds a bit of depth.  I forgot to take a picture of the dining room/ sitting nook area but will post next time.

So, there is a quick update on the house progression.  By next weekend, we hope to be moving most of our stuff in.  Crazy!

1 comment:

  1. Love the progress. I can't wait to see it in person. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete