Thursday, July 20, 2017

We are In!

It has been 5 days since we moved into our house... No, the renovations are not done but with school starting in less than a month, sports activities already in full swing and the need to start feeling settled, we went ahead and made the move.  The renovations are hopefully going to be done by the end of the next week.  It is quite a process and I am trying to be patient.  Until the rooms are done then are stuff (especially the boy's rooms) are going to be a hot mess.

I wish I took some pictures of all the help we had the day leading up to the move, the day of the move, and the day after the move but my mind was elsewhere.

My parents came over the day before and helped me get the house ready "to receive" (in the words of my mom) all the stuff.  Chad had 5 football players, his dad, Tommy, cousins and cousins in law, and Ashton and Shep's soccer coach and wife help in the unloading the storage unit.  Grandma kept the kids all day and then head dinner ready for us that evening.  My parents stayed back at their house and got all of our basement stuff packed up and ready for the moving kids to come over.  It was really a quick process considering how much stuff we have!  I enjoyed multiple cups of coffee and a couple glasses of wine and was happy as a lark!  The day after my parents came back over and dad hung blinds for me and mom continued to clean up.  Our first night in the house was Sunday.


 Pre Move....
All the doors, interior and exterior, are getting Iron Ore paint.  The closets have since received their coats of paint as well.  I adore this color!  More on the doors later!

Hunter helping me paint out Shepherd's room.  

This fire place will receive some more TLC over the next months but for now the inset got a couple coats of Iron Ore as well.

This is the weird little room in the garage (that is Air Conditioned... it was a beauty salon for the previous owner).  got a coat of leftover paint from the previous owner).  So many ideas for this little gem of a room.)

The first of may before and afters... this little half bathroom is not finished but... need to show some progress.

Before- the brown that was alllll over the entire house.

Trying to find a color... Mom and Bennett voted for the yellowy color on the far left.  Hunter voted for the one beside it.  Ashton and liked the middle, and Shep the blue one.  But, my vote is really the only one that matters so I added the one to the far right after I got their votes and went with it... It is called Contended... You all now that I pick paint colors based on their names. You also now that contentment has been my anthem over the last 7 years.  So, it seemed appropriate and it is quite the lovely color.

Here she is.  This bathroom doesnt even have a mirror in it yet. But the paint is done. :)

Post Move
Since the move, the sheetrock has been hung and the mudding is happening as I type.

Ashton's room

Hunt's room

Little sitting area littered with boxes

Bennett's room is currently wall to wall beds as we wait for the 2 extra rooms to be finished

My room.

There are also some little things that still need to be done... We had the big ol' flourescent lights taken out in the kitchen and the master bathroom.  Unfortunately, we did this after the popcorn ceilings were done.  So, our ol' Carlos has to come back out and touch up take the popcorn down where the lights were removed.  However, I am so happy to have the can lights!

Here is the little weird garage room again.  You can see a lighter tan color on the walls (which I will probably repaint in the next year).  Right now this space has our office desk, the Wii, and fusbol table.

The current state of the garage... this kind of stresses me out!

The mess of the storage room.  This needs some major organization... another room of stress.

View of the back of the house... look at those luscious Iron Ore doors... Love! 
And the perks of unpacking.  Finding all those sweet pictures that make you smile.... all my babies at 8 months!  
So, we are making progress.  I will feel so much better once the renovations are complete and I can get my house in order.  I have had a paint brush in my hand every day for the past week or more.  I believe I will be painting the 2 extra rooms once the guys are done with the finishing.  This week the boys have had VBS at Papa Hub and Grandma's church every evening where dinner served as well.  That, my friends, is a God-wink if I have ever had one.  It has been so nice to know the kids are being loved on while I have a few hours to work at the house.  Hub has taken Hunter to football practice for me while Grandma picks them up for VBS.  My dad kept the boys while I had a work event yesterday.  It truly takes a village and I so grateful.

2 comments:

  1. It's looking awesome. It's like Fixer Upper but I love you more than Joann 😀 I also love how you referred to the Master as "my" room. Haha. I can't wait to see it. I'm thinking road trip for a football game this fall 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna. It won't let me edit my comment.

    ReplyDelete