Saturday, December 5, 2015

Lots and Lots of Boys

I still have until the 14th to cope with the fact that I have a 10 year old....

This post is all about the PARTAY.  It is Hunter's year to have the big party.  We discussed at GREAT length what he wanted to do and we finally landed on a sleepover where he could invite 6 kids over to spend the night (I also allowed Ashton to invite his best friend).  Last night was that night and everyone was able to come... so if the Lord laid us on your heart, you know now why- 11 boys.

Hunter's invites.... left to right- Austin, Jessie, Noah, Hunter, Brett, my Hunter, Garrett
Shepherd, North, and Ashton
Hunter has made some great friends at his school, soccer, and church.

The evening consisted of...

Soccer
***speaking of, yay Clemson soccer.  In the semifinals for NCAA!  :)
some of the soccer players

Other Hunter and Ashton

Noah and Garrett facing off

ziplining
Only one zipline picture.  Never made it to the back of the yard.  Plus, major injury by a visiting 9th grade brother of one of the kids.  He was ziplining in the dark (we now have a new rule about NO ziplining in the dark).  Hit his head and was literally pouring blood. Thankfully, his parents were here and the bleeding stopped by the time they got home.
Crazy Kid!

power wheels racing
Ready
Set
GO!
trampolining






boardgames

The played this game forerver... forgot the name but basically you have to taste a jellybean that is either good or totally disgusting.. For example, I got black which was either licorice or skunk.  Yall, it was the most horrid thing I have EVER put in my mouth.  

Noah playing the game with Shepherd.  He acted just the like the big kids and would run to the trash and spit it out.
My pick eater would not play.

hanging out









video games
Wii to the left, Sega to the right

Wii time
movies

Star Wars: Phantom Menace.  The dog bed had a kid in it by the middle of the movie.  Molly was not impressed.

and of course, eating.  These kids consumed 4 pizzas, a huge order of breadsticks, countless bags of chips, 4 two litres, 2 1/2 packages of break away cookies, almost an entire cake, many capri suns, 3 boxes of muffins, and half a box of popcorn.  No lie... boys can eat!
Cake and icingless cupcakes for both Hunters

Singing Happy Birthday

Blowing out TEN candles

So tempted to crack open the whine behind those muffins... but, didnt.
Definite memories were made and a lot of fun was had.

Conversation I had with Hunter.
Hunter  Mom- "Thank you so much mom.  I had a blast."
Mom- "Oh, sweetie, you are so welcome."
Hunter Mom- "I love you mom."
Mom- "I love you too Hunt."

ha, after I had this conversation with myself in front of Hunter.  He looked at me like I was a dork and mumbled.  "I love you mom."

Hey, I take what I can get.  :)
--------------------------------------------------------------
And I think Molly sums it up nicely.

Exhausted

I love you a ton Hunter.  Hope you had a blast!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.....what an undertaking! I just told Mantis it's hard to believe that we have a grandson that is 10!!! It's been a wonderful decade and sweet Hunter has paved the way for an abundance of blessings......Happy 10th Birthday, Hunt! I love you......Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. You are brave...and also a great Mom! Love the conversation with yourself too :)

    ReplyDelete