Monday, December 14, 2015

A Whole Decade

A whole decade has flashed before my eyes.  Who knew that my journey of being a boy mom- being this boy's mom-  officially started 10 years ago?

So grown up
Hunter, you are quite simply, awesome.  You are smart, kind, quirky funny, and dependable.  You want to do the right thing.  You get my jokes and my sarcasm and I am starting to get glimpses of your sarcastic nature as well.
The loot wrapped up....

Sporting his new sunglasses... the gifts were so grown up this year!

An archer's target block, a new watch, an archer arm protection thing, Wii game, sunglasses, sweater (not pictured- new pair of Keens, and about $200 in cash) and going to see Mockingjay Part 2 this weekend.  He is quite a blessed young man.
You are super involved at school making the district chorus team, singing with Soaring Singers, volunteering in the Environmentalist Club, participating in the Good News Club, and taking guitar lessons.  Not to mention playing basketball (and soccer in the fall and spring) and being super active at church,  However, though you are social, you must have your alone time.  You have worn, what we call, a dog path in the backyard where you hold a super hero and just walk this path playing.  I love that you need your time to decompress (or what I refer to as depeople.)  Just today, I look at you doing your walking/ play thing, and I tear up a bit.  It has truly been a blink...

this is called... Plate O' Brownies... or better yet, Plate O' slightly burned Brownies)
Happy Birthday!!!
You make some of the goofiest faces and you love that it drives me crazy.  You are messy but will obediently pick up your stuff if I remind you.
Prime example- going through your phone is a hoot.  
I love you so much kid.  I love hanging out with you and all of our car talks.  You are truly going make an impact somewhere.
Getting so tall... Measured him today-  4'11" and 84 lbs and wearing a 7.5 shoe!
Continue to be you and remember to "do justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God."  Micah 6:8.
Love ya forever
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Hunt! I still remember that first Christmas when you guys came over to our apartment and he was just 1 and crawling all over the place. What an extraordinary young man he is becoming!

    ReplyDelete