Friday, December 18, 2015

A Visit to A-ville to see the A-tons

Just loved today!  First, the boys only had a half day leading into Christmas break.  So, after I pick them up at 10:30, we head to A-ville to see Zach, his family, and meet new baby Eva.

Eva is seriously a doll... like, could really be a doll.  Such a sweet baby. Of course, she was perfect while we were there and I wanted to pack her up in my car and take her home... at least until I started thinking about all that newborns require, then I decided leaving her was the best idea.  :)

Anna looks beautiful and makes it all look easy... Zach has also stepped up to help out.  He was fortunate that Eva's arrival butted up to his 2 weeks off from work, so he is home almost a month to help out.

The other three kids seem to be adjusting great.  I didnt see a whole lot of Owen and Caelum as they disappear with my kids.  Esme is Esme... goes from full on smiles and laughing to crying and drama (such a girl).  haha
I mean, come on... amazing!  This is 10 years on a couch (an extra long couch)
And just to zoom in on the two blanket babies/ toddlers/ small children.  Look tired?
Anna asked if I would take a couple pics of Eva...  Of course.  I also managed to get a couple family shots and kid shots.  I  thought I would post my favorites.  Hope I am not stealing your thunder.

I posted the B/W vs Color.  I always have a hard time with baby pictures on deciding between the two finishes...

With the headband...

 With the hat (bought by her daddy)

With my pearls...




The 4 A kids!  Love how Caelum is looking down at Eva and holding her hand.  

So sweet!

Between Owen's painful smile and Esme's absolute refusal to participate (can you tell she just had a meltdown?), this is as good as it gets... the one below tells the story a bit more accurately.

I told them all to just cry  It was quite loud.  I love Zach and Anna's faces in this one.  


Here are some other pics from the visit.  

Caught the little snot smiling.  She is such a pretty thing. love her dimple.

Bennett and Es playing together

The boys on the Wii... Hunter hung with the adults most of the time because "(I) am just too old for them"

The babies of their family
I should go back but I think that I have a picture very close to this of Hunter holding at least half his cousins in their first few months.  So sweet being the oldest kid on both sides.
 They opened gifts from each other since Zach and the family will not be able to make to Christmas this year.  Ashton's present from the A family was the pie in the face game.  It was a huge hit.
Ashton right before getting hit

Caelum meets the whip cream

Owen cautiously taking his turn

Zach flinching... 

... and for good reason, gets it

Shepherd made it through 3 rounds before finally getting faced his 4th time.

It was a great visit.  Love you guys... and gals.
Niece #5 and me (thanks for taking this Anna)

2 comments:

  1. You are right - Eva is a doll....Mantis says she looks Minorcan! She does look like Ashton babies.
    And we are so blessed to have such sweet kids, spouses, and grandkids! Thanks for capturing this.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah Ashton Smith - YOU ARE AWESOME AND I LOVE YOU!!!!
    Thankful to have a daughter as precious and classy as you!

    ReplyDelete