Wednesday, November 18, 2015

When you are a Shepherd

I have always loved, "the Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want."  The image of a shepherd, compassionately tending to his flock.  The knowledge that my Shepherd tends to my every need- that He provides.  Though the King Shepherd is God, the Bible shows that the job of a shepherd can even be done by a boy.  Big jobs can be entrusted to young people.  Praise the Lord that He did not hinder a young shepherd boy.

It is a big name to wear.  It is a job that as Christians, we are all called to do at some point in our walk- to shepherd.

Six years.  It has been six years since my baby #3 was born.  My Shep.  I pray he sees the significance of his name.  Ironically, of my four kids, he most struggles with want--- as does his mother.  Son, it is a daily battle for those of with a more, more, more attitude. 
My human boy and my doggie boy. :)

Shepherd, you are silly and full of happiness.  As with any high, there is also a low.  You are easily broken with your feelings being crushed.  I pray that as you get older, your feelings will still hurt but instead of self focusing heart break, it will be others focused.  You are growing up in a world that is so full of need- not just physical or emotional- but spiritual... our world needs Jesus.  I pray that you will stand up, stand firm.  Live like Jesus, the Shepherd.


You are loud.  Your voice carries far and wide.  We constantly say, "Shepherd, not so loud."  "Shepherd, shhh."  "Shepherd, I am right beside you, take it down an octave." Find the person who needs a voice and be that voice.  Find a cause that needs a voice and be that voice.  Stand firm on Him and live loud faith.

You love your brothers and have such a special relationship with each of them.  Hunter is where you go when you need help.  Ashton is your best friend and worst enemy.  Bennett adores you, his "Wepwerd" and you play so well with him.  The bond between you boys is so fun to watch.

Carowinds brother picture.
Thinking of Shepherd stories from this past year and I can easily sum Shepherd up in one day.  September 28.  I had this saved in drafts and never posted...
1- Shepherd is very artsy unlike his brothers.  He loves to paint, color, build, etc.  He was coloring on the dining room table- the WHITE dining room table (yes, I have 4 boys and a white dining room table) with a permanent marker.  He pulls his paper up and, you guessed it, the marker bled through.  I, thinking quickly, grab some fingernail polish remover and pour it on the white table (let me add one more adjective to that description.... the white PAINTED table).  I notice it turns my table which apparently was more of an off white to a true bright white.  I quickly grab a paper towel to get the remover off and as you might guess, rubbed the paint right off the table.
Table woes.
Thankfully, my Lowes paint man saved me and introduced me to furniture paint.  I sanded the table down and just repainted another lovely shade of white.
2- 20 minutes after this debaucle.  Shepherd is standing behind Bennett at the computer and is being silly and steps on the base of my curtain and yanks it, screws and all to the floor.  It has since been pulled out twice since then and is no longer hanging up.

Soccer practice wearing Ashton's Bama shirt
3- 40 minutes after that.... we have mashed potatoes for dinner.  I look over and Shepherd has a huge mound of mashed potatoes on his spoon which he proceeds to lick, lower it for Moses to take a HUGE lick, and then raise the spoon and finishes it himself.
And guys, this is typical Shepherd day in and day out.  A free spirit who is accident proned, doesn't think about the effect to his cause, but who is funny as all get out.
Joy-filled

Shepherd, I love you so much.  You are my kindred spirit.  You have the absolute silliest voice, "Hello, my name is Sunshine." (inside joke.)  Continue to be you!
Singing Happy Birthday. 

Blowing oiut his lego Batman cake.  ***Notice the table is good as new.  The bad spot is the area right around Shep's hand.
Happy Birthday Poppatarda!  I love you so very much.  Here are a bunch of rapid fire kisses!
Mom
  
All picture taking ends with silliness.

2 comments:

  1. Well, Queenie has to redeem herself since she forgot to call you on your birthday and sing to you.....but I did this morning.
    You are my little sunshine Shep-turd....because you always jokingly call me Weenie. You make me so happy the way you get SO excited about coming to my house....you seem to know the place is yours! Happy 6th birthday Shepherd - I love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, Shep! The Asheville Ashtons love you, though we are terrible with birthdays. Hope it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete