Tuesday, June 2, 2015

End of Year Programs



The thing about end of year programs is that they happen of course in May... which also is spring football... which  means my husband is MIA for most of the happenings... which means I have to threaten the ones not directly involved in program to be quiet and still...

So there is a lot of this...
 and this...
  
.... and this
Ashton and Hunter wrestling during Shep's program
In order of occurrence

May 19- Hunter's 3rd grade chorus performance
As I mentioned in another post, his school has the Soaring Singers which is the 4th/ 5th chorus.  However, I didnt mention that his elementary school added 3rd grade chorus this year.  Kids that wanted to participate had to give up recess once a week.  I must admit I was pleasantly surprised that Hunter wanted to do it--- not to mention that numerous other boys that signed up.  Their performance this year was a Dr Seuss Seussical.  And it was so cute.  

Below is a clip from one of the songs they sang.  Hunter is the top middle in the white shirt.
Picture of the whole group.
Close up of Hunter
Kids volunteered to read special passages from different Dr Seuss books.  Upon looking at this picture, I got a bit tickled...

... this would be quite a good looking couple, right? 
After the Seussical.


May 28- Shepherd's Pre-K "graduation"
Shep's class


I'm in the Lord's army, Yes Sir! 

Finished with pre-k

Acting like he is going to launch his diploma

A couple of his friends from school that also go to church with us.  Adelaide, Owen, Shep, and Sawyer

Ms. Krystal and Shepherd

My sweet boy.  

Had to use the timer so the picture is marginal at best



May 29- Ashton and Hunter's School Award Ceremony
The first day of school and basically the last day of school.


Ashton's program was first.  Ash had a really good year with Mrs Dover.  His winter MAP scores were really good this year.  His average Math MAP score was in the 95% and average Reading MAP score was 88%.  His winter scores were the highest so he fell a bit in the spring but I told him that is easy to do when you score at the top.

Ashton receiving his class award from his principal.  He got the Dedication Award.

Ashton and his best friend, North.
Hanging out with his female friends (he would kill me if I said girlfriends) during Hunter's program.
Bennett chilling during the program
 Hunter's program was later that morning.  Hunter loved school this year.  He said it was the best year yet.  He was in the Gifted and Talented (GT) class.  Honestly, I am one of these parents that doesnt assume that my child is the top dog so I was not real sure how Hunt would do in this class.  But he was great.  He made straight A's except for 1 "B" in Language Arts the first nine weeks (and it was a high B).
Hunter receiving the Role Model Award. 
He also was awarded the PE award
Getting one his certificates for all A's ... I think this one was for science.

Me with my oldest two boys.  Hard to believe they are moving onto 4th and 2nd grade.  They both had great years.  Hunter said he is actually going to miss school over the summer.  Very proud of both of them.
Bring on the summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment