Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Half Birthday Dates

It is that time of year again for all the boys to roll on over to 9 1/2, 7 1/2, 5 1/2, and 2 1/2.  The tradition that we started a few years ago where I take each child on a date on their half birthday is still going strong and is something the kids and I really look forward to.  With 4 kids, there is a lot of sharing mom time and this one time of year, of totally uninterrupted time is precious.

Ashton's half birthday was in April.  We went out to eat at Firehouse (Ash loves a good sandwich) and then went to Carowinds where he proceeded to lead me around riding all his favorite stuff.  He really is a cool kid.  He jockeys for attention, both good and bad, when with his brothers.  But, when you get him on his own, he is super mature, sweet, and funny.  Chad and I have laughed and said that he was cut out to be an only child.

Ashton wears a size 7 in clothes and needs a slim in pants.  He weighs about 48 lbs and is somewhere 49.5" tall.  He wears a size 3 shoe.

Selfie as we ride up Thunder Road
Ashton and I going down the first drop on Thunder Road.  This is joy!


Shepherd, my independent, solo flyer.  We couldnt go out at his half birthday because it falls in the middle of spring football so we had to wait until the beginning of June.  He was so tired of waiting that he decided that we would go to breakfast at Cracker Barrell and then get to Chuck E Cheese right when it opened.  This proved to be a good strategy since we were the first people there.  Shepherd is hysterically funny.  He says some of the weirdest things.  Kids his age think he is just the best.  I am excited/ nervous to see him start school next year.  I will not be surprised if he is the first of my children to hit the CARE chair.

Shepherd also weighs a size 7 but NO SLIM. ha.  He is 54ish lbs and 48" tall.  He is wearing a size 2 shoe.


Selfie time with #3 and the rat in the background.

Chuck E Cheese sketch.  The quality of this thing always amazes me.  Hard to beat for .25 or is it .33 now?

Since I have Hunter and Ashton going down Thunder Road, I have to show Shepherd though this clip was not on date day, but a week before.  This is his first time riding Thunder Road.  


Hunter and I went last night to Cracker Barrel for dinner and then to Carowinds.  We went a little before his half birthday since we will be at the beach on his actual half.  Tuesday afternoon/ evening proved to be an awesome time to hit Carowinds.  We rode 12 roller coasters in right at 3 hours.  The lines were nothing- we only to wait to ride Nighthawk and the Fury (which we rode twice.)  The Intimadator is still my favorite though.  We then went over a visited with Uncle Nolan for a bit.  We didnt get back until close to 10.  We had a very grown up talk on the way home about cussing and talked briefly, very briefly about S-E-X.  It just seems crazy to me that we are beginning to move into that territory but from most people tell me, by 5th grade kids seem to get the general idea which means 4th grade is when kids begin to talk.

Hunter weighs 83 lbs and is at least 58" tell..  He is wearing a size 12 in clothes and a 7 in shoes (which is a man's shoe). His foot just hit a huge growth spurt and we are now shoe poor thanks to this kid.  He needed new tennis shoes ($75), new Keens ($100), new flip flops ($25), and new cleats ($150).  Thankfully the tennis shoes and cleats were not an out of our pocket expense but geez, these kiddos are expensive!

Selfie time riding up Thunder Road
Hunter and I going down the first drop on Thunder Road.




Bennett will not be 2 1/2 until the end of July but he doesnt get the one on one half birthday date yet... for a couple reasons.  1- He is not old enough to tell me where he wants to go.  2- Potty Trained is requirement before dates.  3- He gets one on one time with me ALL THE TIME.

Little stinker.
Three to totally different personalities and three different dates confirmed to me that I am one lucky girl to have so many amazing men in my life.  Maybe one of these days I will be able to go on a date with their father.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love those sweet faces. They are getting so big! Way to be a good mom and carve out time with each one. That is hard to do. Happy half birthdays, kiddos.

    ReplyDelete