Tuesday, December 2, 2014

From CU to CU... a Thanksgiving Post.

 
This Thanksgiving had us rooting for both of our CU teams.  Chad and his dad were able to travel up to our alma mater, Concord University to watch the football team play in the 2nd round of the D 2 playoffs.  They won!  The boys and I joined my family to head to the Clemson game and watch them whip some Gamecocks! 

So, we are thankful for 2 CU wins... it would have been perfect if Clemson mens soccer could have pulled out a win against UNC in the playoffs.

But onto our Thanksgiving festivities. 
 

We hit Chad's side of the family first getting their at noon on Wednesday.  Thanksgiving dinner was spent with Chad's family, his aunt and their family.

The kids ready for Thanksgiving dinner.
First picture with all 7... newest member of the posse- Joey. 

Here are some other pics from the 2 days we were there.
PapaHub, Beezer, and Chad hanging out.
The ipad lovers and Grandma.
The ipad lovers part 2.

Hunter holding the newbie.

Selfie with Joey... I got plenty of newborn love time.  She is just a doll baby.

 
Peas in a pod.

7 months and 3 days apart.  Bennett and Sam.

Charlee tried to stay the night but got scared so Molly took her spot.  ha
 Friday mid morning, we headed over to my parents house to celebrate Thanksgiving with them.
The kids table... or should I say the boys table.  LOTS of boys!

The grown ups plus Essie.
 And anytime the whole group is together we attempt a full group shot. 


Though there are many bloopers, this was the clear winner.  Yes, that is 8 adults, 7 kids, and 5 dogs (2 of which don't like eachother).
Ignore Mantis in this... I thought it was cute of Queenie and Bennett. 

We also took individual family shots.  I will not post ours since it is going on the Christmas card but here is Nolan's funny one.  Love my brother and my Riggs.

Zach and his family.

Can only take credit for snapping these pictures but not the idea.  GrandmaDean said to take pics of the 2 little ones on the rock, so I did... and I am so glad.  They turned out adorable, but how could they not with these two?
 
and on the other side... 7 months and 3 days between these two as well.

Yes, I cropped my son out of this picture because it was just too good of Esme.  Her skin is perfect.  No touch ups or anything.


Ah, so sweet.  Just "talking" together.

And siblings... Moses and his biological sister, Isla.
 
Me and Esme stopping for a selfie. 

Nolan- captured.
 Saturday we hit the Clemson game.... Mom had the perfect spot for us to go where we could see game plus the kids could run around.  It was marvelous. 


The 7 from our seats.
Bennett loving the balloons.


Caelum and Esme                                                            Esme and Bennett


Me and my boys
 
Mantis and Zach biked back home.


The whole group minus Nolan (with his friends) and GrandmaDean (went home)

 
 
 We had a great Thanksgiving that went by far too fast.  Thank you to both of our families for feeding us and dealing with us, our crazy boys, and our dogs.  We love you all!

1 comment:

  1. You guys had a FULL Thanksgiving! We really had a fun time with everyone AND the dogs. While I must confess there was a part of me that was dreading all the dogs, it turned out to be an enjoyable challenge. And for the record, the reason my butt is that big is my cell phone was in my back pocket! hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete