Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Finally.... FLOORS!!!

Since we moved into this house, about 15 months ago, I have wanted to yank out this nasty carpet. 

We decided that our first priority needed to be to put a door to access the backyard (see post here... this shows a bunch of before pics with the carpet).  We then had saved enough money to do the floors last spring, but then our septic/ drain field thingy clogged and it took a few thousand dollars to fix that (see post here). 

I had already accepted... without being bitter (yeah right)... that the floors would have to wait until this spring.  Thankfully, my mom couldn't take it anymore. haha.  You know its bad when someone not only offers but insists you take a loan from them to fix a problem.  So, mom and dad loaned us $3700 to put down laminate wood in the house.  And it looks BEAUTIFUL!!!  Thank you guys so much. 

Without further yapping/ typing from me.  Here are the pictures.  Check the links above if you wanted to see some pics before).

Master Bedroom


Dining Room-  This is probably the room where I most appreciate the floors.  I HATED having carpet in our dining room.. LIKE HATED!  Who puts carpet in a dining room anyway? (If you have carpet in your dining room, sorry.)
  Living Room- This room is a little sparce as I haven't fully put everything back in because Christmas stuff is coming in soon!  :)  I also decided to hold off on the area rug in here until at least after Christmas.  I am kind of enjoying just the wood floor.

The Den-  I mean... how much better can a room look.  I am now thinking that the fireplace needs some kind of cool facelift.  don't have a clue what I have in mind but the seed in planted. 


 
So, there it is. To save $500, dad is going to help me put the quarter round hopefully sometime over Christmas break, but besides that.  Floors are done and I am happy!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I must say that I tried to twist your arm to get hardwood,, but I do believe you selected the right thing by getting a good laminate - they look fantastic. Molly just needs a rug down in the LR! BEAUTIFUL house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color! So much better than carpet!

    ReplyDelete