Monday, December 15, 2014

Oh Baby, We are Half Way There...

Though I know you will always need me.  Though I know you will always come home.  I also know that your years under my roof are essentially half way through.  You are now 9.  I still have plenty of wisdom to throw your way and thankfully you still listen. 

 

I look back over lessons that I have tried to drive home. Most of these from toddlerhood.  Remember the stakes get higher though as you get older. 
Remember Mom's Rules to Live By...
Follow His Word.  Show people you are different.  The Bible is your road map.  Use it!!!
- Show compassion. Through forgiveness. Through standing up for others.  Though sharing what you have with those who don't.
- Don't hit first.  By all means, Defend yourself.  But rarely is there a time to throw the first punch.
- Never hit a girl.  Period. 
A no is no.  Period.
Choice joy.  A joyful heart changes you- changes your perspective- changes your heart.  The joy of the Lord is your strength.
-Behavior is a Choice-  This is straight from the Queenie playbook that I have heard sooo many times.  But, man, remember it.  No one can make you make bad decisions.  Choose wisely! 

I think back on the last 9 years with you- and you have been so easy (besides those first few weeks as we figured one another out).  By 2 months old, you decided that the sun rose and set with me.  I was always your pick.  Screaming fits would occur to anyone else who held you.   I was your constant... your happy spot.

The next 9 years are crazy exciting and for me, crazy scary.  You will experience school drama, bullying, cheating, etc.  You will start dating.  You will start driving.  You will face ALL kinds of temptations.  Your grades begin to really matter.  You will learn about this thing called stress. You will find your niche.  Your choices really begin to matter. And through it all, know that I am your constant... and will always be your happy spot. 

I love you so very much! 

Happy Birthday Hunter.

Mom

Pictures with your brothers over the year.


Ok, now that I am practically crying.... We had a low key day celebrating Hunt's birthday.   He got a lot of fun stuff.
Blowing out his candles... with help
- Under Armour hoodie
- Headphones
-Clemson jacket
-Electronic chess board
- Iron Man figure
-Money Money Money
-Clemson camo hat
- AND a PHONE.
I know mouths probably dropped over that one and though I don't owe anyone an explanation, I feel like I need to somehow justify why we gave a 9 year old a phone... which he LOVES by the way. 
We have started leaving him at home by himself for small stretches of time.  We don't have a landline and he needs a way to call out in case of emergency.  We got his phone through Republic Wireless (which is who we have our phones through) so it is only $10 a month for him to have a phone.  It runs off wireless and then Sprint when not connected to wireless. 
Cracks me up... just registered that he was holding his new phone

We had a great weekend celebrating Hunter!  Thanks for all the family that was able to come up.

4 comments:

  1. To Hunter and Hannah: Don't make it harder than it needs to be.....the Lord prepares you for each step along the way, equipping His saints to glorify Him for where He calls you.. Experience the joy in the journey, never dread the next step, and trust His timing. These are Queen's lessons.....I love you both!
    (And where is Molly Mae?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, so sweet!! I love your rules you listed above-- You're such a great mom, you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Hunter! Man, you look so grown up and mature! And if any 9 year old is old enough for a phone, it's you. You've always been wise beyond your years. Love you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Hunter! Sorry Aunt Anna and Uncle Zach are the biggest slackers in the world but we sure do love you. Congrats on your phone. Such an old guy now.

    ReplyDelete