Monday, December 8, 2014

A and S... the stats and some funnys

How can two brothers be built so differently?

The middles had their yearly check ups today and both are totally healthy and growing.  Their percentages are almost identical to last year.

Ashton
Weight 47.4 lb (29%)
Height 48.25" (52%)

Shepherd
Weight 49.7 lb (92%)
Height 46.75" (98%)

We made a day out of the appts and hit the Barnes and Noble, the mall, and then as a reward- Chuck E Cheese.

Here are some recent funnys/ brags from the middles.

----------------------------------------------
SHEPHERD
 

Posted this picture before but this... right here... is Shepherd.

 

Home Depot Man- So, is football your favorite sport? (Shepherd is wearing a football shirt).

Shep- No, its my fifth

Home Depot Man- Well then, whats your first?  Soccer?

Shep-  No.... (long pause)... My favorite is pool.

Home Depot Man- (chuckle).  Like pool in the water or pool with a stick.

Shep- With a stick and a lot of balls. 

Home Depot Man - (laugh).

*** I just turn around and walk away.

---------------------------------------------

Queenie and Shepherd were having a conversation.  Shepherd is acting well like Shepherd- quirky.

Queenie- Shepherd you are on the spectrum?

Shepherd-  No, I'm on the Bobcats (his basketball team).
---------------------------------------------
 

 
Happy kid
Shepherd- Did you see my art papers from school?

Me- Yes, they were very good.

Shepherd- Yeah, I am the best artist ever... (whispers) except for God.  But then I am the best.

---------------------------------------------
At school, his class was talking about words that begin with "h". 

Teacher: What are some others words that start with "h"?

Shepherd: "hut hut"

So, yeah, his dad is a football coach.



 

_______________________________________________________
My mini GrandpaGordie.
Ashton doesn't have as many as Shepherd because he actually thinks before he speaks unless he is going off at the wii, or the ipad, or the computer.

Ashton
While eating with some friends, Ashton asked where Jay was.  He then preceeded to spell Jay for us.
"G-A-Y"  haha.
---------------------------------------------
A quick brag on Ashton.  One of his teachers told Chad that she is so impressed with Ashton at school.  He is always the first to volunteer to help some of the slower kids with their work even if they are the kids that other kids are not always nice to.
I had a hard time finding another picture of Ashton by himself and then I realized it was because he is always moving or photobombing other people.  ha.
Another Ashton brag, he was invited to play on an indoor soccer team this winter.  I am so excited for him as I really think he will love indoor!

___________________________________________

These two keep me on my toes but I love them both so much.  The house is too quiet when Ashton is not around and not quirky enough when Shepherd is not around.

Keep your eyes are Him boys. 

3 comments:

  1. Such sweetness! I love funny quotes like that. They are the best and so are their smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cracking up at these anecdotes, Hannah. Those boys sure are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last picture with the big brother Hunter looking on with approval. It's true - they are best of friends or "you're not my best friend anymore!"

    ReplyDelete