Wednesday, October 15, 2014

So, I Wanted a Basement

When we moved here, I had a couple things that I wanted in a house.

1- Garage- check
2- Wood Floors- Nope (but coming soon)
3- 1800 square feet or bigger (1800 on the dot- so check)
4- 4 bedrooms or a basement- Nope

I couple weeks ago, I posted about redoing our shed... which at the time was serving the typical shed purpose. 

The before and after pictures are similar angles from the shed. 

Before




After
painted the plywood floors with Lowes Restore paint.  It is expensive, but needed a thick paint to fill in some of the imperfections in plywood. 


Before
The storage thing is what is now the bar
After

love the dark stain on the beams. 


Before


After


Before

After


Our "I Love Me Wall"...  Since both Chad and I played our sports in college and earned some awards while doing so, I dug around in the attic to unearth them.  Ha.  I get a chuckle every time I look at this wall.  Good times!

And some additional views from after.  


 

 

Ignore all the wood on the side of the shed.  That all came from inside the shed. 
The boys and I love this added space to the house.  This little project cost us a little over $600.  My budget was $500 but I went ahead and decided to upgrade the tv now instead of wait so technically I came in under budget... right?  ha.

I figure it is a steal to add a room to a house for $500- $600.  We will add a small heater unit out there for the colder months and will play it by ear for the hot summer months.  All in all, so glad I conquered the shed. 

Cost Breakdown
Paint / stain/ supplies- $160
TV- $170
Fridge- $220
Rug- $35
Cork Boards- $35
Pictures- $12
Futon- Free from parents basement... thanks.
Bar Stools- had them
Table/ chairs- had them
Bar- already in shed... took it out of wall and painted it
Shelf- already in shed... just modified
TOTAL - $632


4 comments:

  1. That looks awesome, you need a hgtv show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two words. You rock! Seriously so cool. I would never have imagined it looking so great. Now the big question is....is there a VCR to play your red card performance on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just insanity!! You are so incredibly talented! Please, please, please, when you get this crew of boys in school full time, give decorating some thought. Seriously, no one is this talented, and yet, here you are :) Sending love, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Olivia - you are truly a good friend....keeping the girl grounded! So funny!
    Tox, you really are amazing and i'm glad that Jillian affirms what I've been telling you for years - time to hang out your shingle (recycled!) You make a mama proud!

    ReplyDelete