Tuesday, October 8, 2013

8 month pics

As I have mentioned before, when Hunter was a baby, I started the tradition of having photos done at 4 months, 8 months, and 12 months.  As more kids have been added, I have become more confident in my ability to do it myself.  Both Hunt and Ashton had professional pics done for all 3 sessions.  Shep had professional pics done for 4 months and then I did 8 and 12. Ol' Bennett will have me take all 3 sets.

I had been putting off taking his 8 month pictures because I didnt have the perfect white shirt, I wanted him to look a little bigger since he is such a skinny thing, wasnt sure where the best lighting in the house way, only had 1white wall in the house (in the bathroom)... my list of excuses was quite extensive.  And then, some friends of mine have friends whose perfectly healthy "normal" 3 year old daughter just didnt wake up a couple weeks ago.  Died in her sleep. Gone.

It hit me, we are not promised tomorrow. Any of my kids, who are really just on loan to me, could be taken from at any time.  These covenant children will hopefully be my responsibility for a long time, but only He knows that.

So, I found the best white onesie I could find with pants that are too long, drug Bennett onto the bathroom floor and got some sweet shots of this precious baby.

I have to pick between these 3 for the big print.

Option 1- The typical Bennett smirk/ smile
 Option 2- The typical happy baby face

Option 3-  Sitting down.  If it matters, my bigger print of the other 3 boys is where they are all sitting.  Plus, this is such a Bennett face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love both of these shots for the 4/8/12 framed picture.  Unfortunately, I dont think the bottom one will print well because I messed up with my lighting and even with editing couldnt fix it all the way.

Option 1
 Option 2
 And probably my favorite.  Towards the end of our "session", I thought, I should sit him on his blanket to try and disguise the bathroom tile.  He immediately leaned down and stuffed blankie in his mouth and stayed just like this until I said that I was done taking pictures of him. 

Isnt this just precious? 
 I also want to show off the finished product of Bennett's 4 month baby parts picture.  I showed these pictures 4 months ago (obviously).   Thanks to my friend, Olivia for creating the template that matches Hunter, Ashton, and Shepherd's baby parts print!  Liv, you did an awesome job!!!  So excited to finally get them all hung up together!

Take a minute and do something with someone you love.  Time is indeed precious! 

3 comments:

  1. Your post is beautiful. I love Option 3 for the bigger picture. It's so him. And I do like the bottom picture for the 4/8/12 frame, but like you said, he is more famous for his little smirky smile so I also like the top picture. I'm going to have to get photography tips from you before Seth is born. No professional pics for him probably b/c it's too far away and way to expensive. You do such a great job! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah- You did a great job on his photos! I thought it was a professional session before I read your blog. What a precious baby boy! I can't believe how he is growing, we must get together soon! By the way, I love option 1 on him standing beside the wagon with his signature smirky smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Butt-tick Benneett is adorable....he has you wrapped around his little finger!!!!

    ReplyDelete