Wednesday, May 29, 2013

4 months... My Bouncy Seat Baby

Whose four months?
"I am"   Maybe a little more excitement Bennett

"You want excited"

"I am!  I am!"

Ashton's excited
Bennett hit 4 months last week and had the dreaded doctor’s appt today.  I know shots are important, but I would be lying if I said I did dread shot day.  It just seems like so much to put into a baby.  He had four shots today and an oral something too.  Needless to say, he was quite cranky this afternoon… hoping he can sleep most of it off tonight. 
  
Posing for mommy.

His typical expression


He has fallen a bit on the percentiles but otherwise is totally healthy. Doctor said I may want to go ahead and start solids but I think I will wait at least another couple weeks. I don’t think he looks that small.  He is definitely not chubby but he has little rolls on his legs and he eats good.

 He was showing off for the doctor.  The doctor asked if he was babbling and he babbled, doctor asked if he was rolling over and he rolled over to his side from his back, he grabbed the doctor’s finger, and smiled throughout the exam.  He is a strong little guy and puts a ton of pressure on his legs and controls his head perfectly.  I think he will be sitting in the next month.

Weight- 14lb 3oz  22%
Height- 25.75”   76%
Head – 17”  90%
Beautiful baby!  Like this shot

Bennett is such a love.  He loves for me to bear hug him and just squeeze him.  He will hold my finger when I feed him and I just melt.  He loves his brothers.  He also gets mad at them at times and gives this guttural growl and lean in with mouth open when they are bothering him (especially to Ashton and Shep)… it is quite funny… right now.  He loves to play with toys and is grabbing at things and putting things to his mouth.  He is in the "I love my fists" stage.  He gives me kisses all the time, the nice wet drooly ones.  He is smiling and laughing a lot more now and watches people with hawk eyes.  He still has his cute little scowl face though.
A quick shot of Bennett and me.  I have a similar picture of me with each boy at 4 months.

His sleeping patterns are not as good as they were.  Last night he got up twice but ate both times.  As the title suggests, he is still sleeping in his bouncy seat at night.  I attempted to transition to the crib last week after a few nights, I gave up.  He was waking up every 3 hours or so and I just need my sleep so once he starts rolling good then I will move him to the crib… he will not sleep in the bouncy seat forever, right?  He does love his swing now which is great for that long afternoon nap.
He loves to sleep with his blanket over his eyes... dont worry it is a thin blanket
posing while sleeping
and one more sleeping picture.. both he and Shep out cold

I love this little baby so much.  Say a little prayer for him over the next couple days as his body fights off the vaccines.
Patiently waiting on mommy to get me out of my carseat
And here are some of the other pictures I took of him for his 4  month baby parts picture... Olivia, get ready to make the board thingy for them... haha!

 












Love you B! 

1 comment:

  1. He is so precious! I don't think he looks small at all, especially in the pictures at the lake. I'll try my best for your baby parts panel. The picture of you and Bennett is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete