Sunday, May 12, 2013

To my Kids

Being a mommy has always been my dream.  I loved baby dolls and would play "house" with my Barbie and anyone who wanted to play.  I have wanted 4 children since before I could remember.  I have prayed that I would be a mom.  I went to college knowing that my ultimate goal was to not work but to stay home and raise my family.

I look at my mom (Queenie) and GrandmaDean and realize that I have had quite the example and big shoes to fill in the mom department.  You guys have been so blessed with strong women in your life. 

Seven years ago, God answered me and made me a mommy.  Since then, He was fulfilled my dream and made me a mommy four times over.  And I love it.  I love watching each of you learn  new things. You each learn at your own pace and in your own way.  I love seeing your similarities and differences.  From personality to appearance, you are all so different but then strikingly similar. 

There are hard moments for sure.  There are times that I feel like I fail you and I fall short of giving each of you what you need.  Especially in these past three months, it seems like you guys need more of me than I have to give.  But, I also know this season is but a short one.  Moving is hard and you guys have been troopers.  Introducing a new baby into the family is hard but you guys have been transitioned beautifully.  Things will settle in the next couple months and we will get back in our groove again.  Until then, be patient with me as I truly am giving you guys all of me.  I know that I am often short in my answers, impatient with your pace, or indifferent when you need me.  Forgive me and know that I do love you so much.

Boys, God has gifted each of you in a special way.  You will all battle different things in life and have your own struggles.  Lift each other up and encourage one another.  Use your gifts to glorify Your Creator.  Learn from your mistakes.  Follow the narrow life, the path less traveled is harder but more often than not, it is the path you want to stay on.

As you grow, my hold on your will loosen.  I fear that I will try to grasp onto you with close fists but I know that blessings can not fall threw closed fists (a 1000 Gifts analogy.)  Instead my protective hold on you will lessen but my prayers for you will never diminish.  I pray for each of you and I promise that I always will.

Thank you for making my dream come true!

I love you!
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment