Wednesday, April 24, 2013

3 months and mastitis

Bennett will officially be 3 months tomorrow.  Wow!
Just took this picture and he is getting ready for bed so he is not very happy plus my camera was about to die, but here is the 3month documentation picture. 

You might be wondering why I am blogging in the middle of the week, welp, Chad had to come home for me today.  Monday night I started having some pain in my left boob.  It was still there in the morning and as the day went on I had the aches and chills.  I pretty much knew that it was mastitis though I was not running the typical fever.  I went ahead and called in a prescription and started taking it around dinner time.  A couple hours later, I started running the fever of 102... 100 with Tylenol.

24 hours I feel a bit better but I had to call Chad this morning and tell him I needed his help.  Since I rarely ask anyone for help, I think he knew I must feel like crap.

It took 4 kids before I finally get mastitis and I must say it is like the flu but with a sore boob when you have to nurse... not fun I tell you... not fun.

Anyway, back to the cause of my mastitis.

Mr. Bennett continues to such a blessing.  He was boycotting the bottle but we have been working on it this week and he no longer cries about it and will take an oz or two from it... so progress.  However, he will only take it from me.  He pitches a fit on Chad when he tries to give him one.  Oh well, baby steps.

Bennett is still a serious baby but will always smile, coo, and laugh during diaper changes and bath time.  He has smiled for his brothers a couple times but mostly his happy time is for me.  He is also not sleeping quite as good and getting up around 2 and then sometimes 5 or 6- maybe a growth spurt.  But overall, he is growing and is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Hannah! I'm so sorry! I had mastitis with Noah and its horrible! Praying that you are feeling better soon!! I can't believe how much Bennett has grown already!

    ReplyDelete