Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Fun and House Update

This Easter saw very few pictures on account of me forgetting my camera and then not being able to find my camera when I needed it.

I did manage to capture a few shots.

Easter shot... had to cut off our feet because Chad was wearing old worn out tennis shoes. 


Look at them and cant believe they are mine!  Also thanks to Granmda for buying the boys Easter outfits this year!

The boys and my girl


We celebrated the Resurrection of our Lord with my family on Saturday, with our church family Sunday morning, and then with Chad's family Sunday after church.

Saturday we had dinner at my parents house with Nolan and GrandmaDean.  The boys dyed eggs and did a couple egg hunts and got their Easter baskets from my parents.  Mom made some banging cheesecake which filled me up before we even ate dinner, but I managed to still eat! :)

Sunday  morning after we got ready for church, the boys got their Easter "bags" from us.  I took a different approach this year since I still havent found Easter baskets that I like for the price I like.  I had Chad get his Nike rep to get 4 Nike bags.  The older two definitely need these to carry their soccer stuff in for practice and games.  I then filled the bags with their Easter goodies.  I always go overboard but the boys seemed to love their "bags" this year!
Their Easter loot-  they each got practical stuff like soap, toothpaste, etc and then they each got a game, legos, and some type of cup/ water bottle and Avengers Pez.


Easter "bags" packed and ready for Easter morning

Playing with their travel games

Ashton entertaining Bennett and Shep looking at Bennetts' Easter stuff


Sunday we had Easter dinner with Chad's parents, his nieces, his aunt and her family, and some of his cousin's friends.  We then went up to his parents house to visit for a bit and let the boys get their Easter baskets.

Wonderful Easter! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the housing news...

Last Thursday, we had 4 showings on the house. I was like a mad woman trying to get the house ready to show for 4!

Thursday night, we got that call... an offer.  Though the offer was actually pretty good, I had this number in my head of what I wanted us to be able to walk away with so I countered it.  Thankfully, they accepted the counter.  So as of last Friday, we are under contract!  Inspection was yesterday and I think that it went well.  Closing is set for some time mid May.

Once the house went under contract and since Chad has this week off, we made the trip up to our new city and had a realtor show us some homes.  I definitely know what I want and I didnt see the exact house however there were a couple that were nice... one might be offer-worthy... we will see.
The view!  Precious.. Our car DVD player is broken but thankfully we had enough to keep them occupied.  Ashton had ipod, Hunter, had ipad, and Shep had Nook.  Everything was dead on the way back home so Hunter and Ashton talked, and Shep and Bennett slept.

A funny story about the house hunt.  While looking at the last house, the one we do really like.  Shep disappeared.  Hunter came down and told Chad that Shep was stuck in a small room.  Chad tried to put him off and Hunter was persistent and said, "you really need to come."  Shepherd had gone to the master bathroom, to the separate toilet room and had pooped and needed help wiping.  hahaha.  When you gotta go, you go!
Bennett getting a bath in GrandmaDean's sink.  He loves bath time.
We stayed at GrandmaDeans and she was kind enough or crazy enough to offer to watch the older 3 boys.  She took them to Chick filA, the park, Dairy Queen and even made a trip to urgent care.  Can you guess which child would require an urgent care visit?????
Back of hand- swollen with door imprint

Go ahead and guess.


The middle finger saw the most damage


If you guessed Shepherd, then you are correct.  While at the park, they made a bathroom stop and he got his finger shut in the door.  A man that helped clean his finger said he would probably take him to urgent care so GrandmaDean did.
Compare shot

We dont think it is broken, he will probably lose his nail though.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!! Poor Shep! I was wrong, by the way. I guessed Smash :) Love the bath time pic. There is nothing more precious than the way a Mama looks at her baby! Congrats on the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Congrats on the house sale, but I have to admit I sure will be sad to see you move. Hope Shep's finger is better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete