Friday, November 2, 2012

Caved

Those that know me know that I pretty much hate Halloween.  I actually just went back and read my post last year about it and chuckled at the last paragraph... because they hassled this year to participate in Trunk or Treat at church.  Hunter has moved up into the children's ministry (1st to 5th grade) and he hears a lot of the upcoming events in the kid's service.  So there was no way for me to hide Trunk or Treat so....

I caved.
 

Yep, I caved.  They went to Trunk or Treat at church and then we met up Jessica's house with Jodi and her kids and took them to a few houses in Jess' neighborhood.  They then played at Jessica's house with Madi, Karson, and Connor until 8:40ish.  I am happy to say that I think there favorite part was just getting dressed up and playing at Jessica's house. 


Trick or Treating... Karson is the first one with the candy. I didnt get any pictures of our church's Trunk or Treat as I was too busy keeping up with the 3 boys in a parking lot with a crowd of people.  I actually did lose Hunter for a bit, but as Jodi pointed out there was a huge TV screen playing a movie.  One guess where Hunter was?!?!   


Hunter and Connor (as Spiderman) are next with Ashton and Shepherd still picking out their candy. 

I must admit- I love having a bagful of candy in house and I think they boys really did have a good time.  Another benefit was that I didnt have to have people ringing my doorbell begging for candy b/c I was with my kids while they were doing that to other people. 

The boys and I did still talk about this... holiday???.... and they know that I dont like it.  But, I think I have Trunk or Treating in my future for at least 8 more years...maybe.


3 comments:

  1. We dressed up so the boys could eat free at CFA. And then I let them "visit" our two neighbors who happened to hand them some candy. Noah asked me about Trick or Treating b/c Meg was taking her kids. I tried my best to explain my thoughts on it to Noah, but he just wanted candy :) They are some cuties all dressed up...who is Ash? Noah and Hunter matched EXACTLY. Luke barely kept on a Cptn America mask long enough to qualify for a free meal ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, you kind of caved too... for some reason that makes me feel better... haha!

      And Ashton wanted to be a white GI Joe Ninja. He is not obsessed with super heros like Hunter. He is definitely forming his own little opinions on things. I am kind of surprised he didnt want to be a football player, I am sure that will be coming soon.

      I will email you back today... we are on our way to the zoo.

      Delete
  2. Halloween was so much fun. Just make up another name for it, so you won't have to feel guilty...lol:). Always happy to provide a justification for my friends ha!

    ReplyDelete