Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Shep!

3 years old!

My baby  is 3 today and it makes me smile because you are an amazing little boy.  You have a big, wide smile with gaps between your teeth... and you laugh a lot.


Shepherd at 5 months old

Shepherd -today- on his 3rd birthday!
I think my favorite thing about you- the thing that makes you stand out- are your hugs.  Seriously, the best hugs... period.  Even though you are way smaller than me, your hugs feel like they envelope me.  And you almost always give me a hug on demand... kisses too for that matter.

You are a really smart child.  You have known your all the letters for a long time and have known the sounds of the letters for a couple months now.  You love letters, numbers, shapes, and colors.  You also like to practice writing your letters.  I think you are going to be a great student as long as you are not bored.  You are also an expert puzzle solver.  You can occupy yourself for quite awhile when given a puzzle.
This morning beside his presents.  He got the League of Incredible Veggietables figures (probably his fave gift), an Avengers puzzle book, CandyLand board game, and an IPod (yes, I gave my 3 year old an ipod--- it is used and about 3 years old if that helps) :)   He seriously has loved all his gifts!
Opening the ipod
Though I didnt blog about it, you have been potty trained for well over 6 months now.  It was relatively effortless for you and you just seemed to get that the potty was better than the diaper.  You still wear a pull up or diaper when you are sleep and probably will for at least another 6 months as I dont see an end in sight.  You wake up dry about 1/2 of the time though.

You love your blankie dearly.  We are down to only one though and it is showing its wear.  Starting today, the blankie will be limited though.  We kind of already implemented that and you are adjusting well to not having it with you all the time.

You are a great eater.  You have really taken to yogurt- especially those yogurt drinks.  You drink one a day and never forget to ask for one.  You area also my best fruit eater.  You totally get the concept that you must eat your food before you get a snack and though you might ask for a snack prematurely, you know the answer and will eventually eat your food.  Your favorite food is spaghetti and eat an adult plus size portion most times. 
Cupcakes- these are kind of ghetto but I just saved 10 uniced cupcakes from the party last week (wrapped them tight and put them in fridge) b/c I didnt want to have to bake a whole batch again.  Anyway, they were really good.  Sidenote- used  the icing that has the little chocolate chips in it... yummy! 
You weigh about 35ish lbs and are about 40" tall and wear a solid 4T/ 4.  Shoe size is 11. You have your 3 year old check up in a couple weeks, but I know you are at the top for height and above average for weight. 

You love time without your brothers but also love them a lot.  Hunter caters to most of your demands.  I dont know if that is just Hunter's character or his age, but you two rarely argue or fight.  Ashton, on the other hand.... lets just say you two bicker a lot.  And by bicker, I mean brawl.  But, the moments when you play together are normally filled with lots of loud laughter.

Shepherd, I cant imagine my life without you in it... most people say you look like me and I love it!
My boy!

Happy Birthday Sheppy!  I love you sooooo much!

2 comments:

  1. Sheppy's characterized by a happy-go-lucky spirit....I mean that literally. I'll remember him always for "urinating" wherever the heck he wants to! And, he does love his mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing little guy, or should I say big guy, Shep is. He is truly a bright light wherever he goes. We adore him!

    ReplyDelete