Wednesday, October 31, 2012

3rd Trimester and a Name!

Wow!  28 weeks today = beginning of 3rd trimester.  I must admit that so far, this pregnancy has FLOWN by.  This little boy is still pretty laid back.  I can tell he is definitely getting stronger and bigger but he has never been one to do big flips in my belly.  He seems content to just stretch and gently push on me.  Crossing my fingers that this personality continues! 

Because I want this blog to be an accurate documentation, I am going to post comparison pictures from 5 weeks to 19 weeks to 28 weeks.
Whoa baby... 28 weeks :)... you also get a sneak peak of the new paint color in our bedroom!   

19 weeks

5 weeks





















You know, I can handle the belly.... inevitable... however, why oh why must my butt get bigger... seriously?!?!

Anyway, I thought I would also unveil his name.  I have been tentative to totally commit to a name- this happens to me every pregnancy.  It's like I know it, but I dont want to make it official. But, at this point it seems silly to not make it official, we all (boys included) refer to him by this name.  Anytime I suggest something else, my boys veto it and tell me he already has a name... and I agree with them.. He does already have a name.

I asked the boys to disguise their names. Shep was definitely up for the challenge and his is almost impossible to read, Ashton just wanted to do his own thing (so typical), and Hunter really disguised them as people.  I love how different they are.  And there, at the bottom, undisguised- not knowing his personality- is Bennett.

Bennett means "blessed one" or "little blessed one."  God has done a complete 180 on me when it comes to listing my blessings... counting each and every piece of life as His gift to me.  It only seems fitting that I name my last baby something that speaks to the transformation that God has done in me in finding joy, finding contentment by counting my blessings.

Bennett's middle name was the hardest part of naming him.  I struggled between Brady and Stewart.  Both have significant family meaning for me.  My middle name was Stewart which was a last name on my dad's side.  I recently also found out that it is a last name on Chad's father's side.  However, "Uncle Brady" played a huge role in my GrandpaGordie's life.  GrandpaGordie's father wasnt the best dad and Brady filled that roll for GrandpaG.  With GrandpaGordie passing away, I want to honor Brady for helping to raise my amazing Grandpa and honor GrandpaGordie by paying tribute to his family.

So, it is Bennett Brady... final answer.  Yes, there is a bit of aliteration and yes, his first initial and last initial is BS... haha.  But, we love it and feel that is a good fit with the other boys!


2 comments:

  1. Looking beautiful! Getting excited to meet Bennett!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got a chuckle over how the boys disguised their names....and so sweet that you decided to go with Brady - liked Stewart, too. But Bennett Brady sounds so distinguished!
    And you are looking quite preggo!

    ReplyDelete