Thursday, September 27, 2012

One Reason for plus 8

A couple weeks ago, I ran across a new chocolate cookie recipe that is oh so easy and oh so awesomely delicious.

But, before I go into that let me explain the title of the post.  I gain weight when pregnant... that is just all there is to it.  I am not talking about a pound a week type gaining--- no, I GAIN WEIGHT!  I had a doctor's appt yesterday and everything went perfectly- I even took all 3 (well, technically 4) children with me.  Before we left, I tried to pick out the clothing that would weigh the least amount of weight (for example, I try to not wear jeans when going to the doctor) knowing that I had gained over the recommended amount.  Sure enough, I gained 8 lbs in 4 weeks.  I have gained 14 lbs in 8 weeks for a total of 20 lbs... which for me is not as ungodly as it has been for the other 3.  I was so hopeful that I could keep the weight gain at 40 lbs this time--- that is starting to look unlikely.

Here is my 23 week preggo shot.

 
23 weeks with Baby boy #4

Group shot :) right before daddy's football game


Ok, now for the good stuff.  This cookie recipe.  I had never heard of this recipe before and the couple people I had mentioned it to have not heard of it either.  Not only is it easier than the normal recipe, but I dare say better and more consistently better and I think you could argue that it is a tad bit more healthy b/c of less butter, no white sugar, less chocolate chips.

All you need is...  1 stick of butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 egg, 2 cups BISQUICK, and 6 oz of chocolate chips.  Mix butter and sugar together, add vanilla and egg, and then bisquick.  Stir in chocolate and bake at 350 for 10ish minutes.  mmmm...

Here is the link from the bisquick site 

These cookies are so good --- they actually stay just as good as they sit and the cookie dough is even good.  I wondered with the Bisquick if the dough would be off but nope... delicious.
Secret ingredient... bisquick.


I wanted to make these cookies the day before my doctor's appt but decided that the scale would hate me for that, so as soon as I got home from my 8 lb gain of a doctor's appt, I made the cookies.  So far today, I have had 7 and it is barely noon.
Even clean up is awesome, no crumbs on the cookie sheet when taking the cookies off. 

You can thank me in less than 20 minutes after you make these things.

7 comments:

  1. So...the cookies were not consumed prior to the 8 lb gaining appt? So it's now 20 lbs in 23 weeks? That's still really good! Not sure how the 7 cookies will help that number ;). I never use bisquick or have chocolate chips but I will try this sometime soon...the boys will love making them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cant believe you dont keep Bisquick in your house... we use bisquick a good bit. And why dont you have chocolate chips? Hopefully it is just b/c you are out, bc chocolate chips should be a staple in everybody's house... just sayin'

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ah, thanks Angie. It starts to become hard to believe that as the pregnancy continues on.

      Delete
  3. Miss Grandma Dean is always saying how beautiful you are, Hannah! You are quite pretty being pregnant - I'm afraid you get the weight gain after your mother....got fat as a hog with all three of you kids! Not calling you a hog or anything - but you're just going to get a donk!
    And for anyone who is doubting that recipe, I can testify - those cookies are good and I was a skeptic....but tell me again why she's wondering why she's gaining weight....there were cinnamon rolls on the stove this afternoon when I walked in!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont even really like cinnamon rolls... it was breakfast for 2 of your 3 grandsons who love cinnamon rolls. The cookies I will take full blame of eating, the cinnamon rolls...not so much.

      And I do love my GrandmaDean... and you too mom! :)

      Delete
  4. I love me some Bisquick and chocolate chips and cookies. I will be making these tomorrow. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete