Monday, September 3, 2012

Just a Difference

As I was cooking dinner tonight, it is quiet... no fighting. 

Ashton has never been a true tv watcher... compared to Hunter.  Normally during dinner, Ashton and Shepherd are bothering Hunter during his tv time. 

But, tonight, it is quiet.  Right before dinner, Ashton asks if he can watch "daddy's football games".  I tell him I dont have one and then realize... who am I kidding?  As a coaches wife, if I have nothing else in this entire world, I can find one of the million films that has been brought home for "scouting."  Sure enough, I dont look long before I come across one of from last year. 

And wahla, I am cooking dinner in peace.

Within a 30 second window, I took these three pictures which is basically how they stayed for at least 30 minutes.  This also shows you their interests. 


Hunter watching Word Girl which will be followed by Wild Kratts

Shepherd doing his favorite loner activity... a puzzle. 

And Ashton, totally captivated by "Daddy's game."

I love seeing how different each of these boys are becoming as they get older.  Ashton no longer just follows Hunter's interests.  He definitely has his own ideas of what is fun (computer games and sports) while Hunter is content to look at books and pretend outside and talk about all that he is learning.  Still waiting to see where Shepherd falls but so far he is a smart little sucker with very little common sense.  Anxious to see these boys (all 4 of them)  grow up and develop into their own men. 

Must go finish dinner... I may be able to read while cooking dinner- nice change up from playing referee.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. You certainly "pegged" them all accurately - Hunter told me while I was walking Riggs on Saturday that when he grows up he wants to be a preacher....when I was telling Nolan this, Nolan said, "that boy sure loves to talk....when he was walking the dogs with me, he talked the whole time....had a hard time getting in a word!"
    Shep really is amazing working puzzles....he doesn't seem to have to even think where the pieces go.
    And Smash is the sportsman - looking forward to seeing them play soccer!!!!
    Glad your Labor day was not labor intensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so much like my three boys! Tyson is the one glued to the TV. Preston is off doing a puzzle or coloring, and Nolan is glued to anything sports (or anything he dad happens to be doing at the time.) Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete