Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My New Favorite Spot

I have had this mini vision of a little sitting area between two dog woods in my backyard.  This little area is right beside the fire pit area, in the shade, and cant be seen from the road. ahhhh- bliss!

I finally decided it was time, and with a little help form Hunter, created my newest little nook in my yard.

Most of the hard work was done Sunday and then finishing touches (as well as a fire) were done Monday.

Before
Though you cant tell, it is on a slope of a hill.  Plus there were a bunch of ant (not fire ants, just worker ants but still hard to sit and chill with ants crawling everywhere)


After
Perfect mini hardscape sitting area


Close up of the newest spot.  Hunter posing with our area... his new book looking spot too.  He came up with the idea to put the tops on the back of the wall which really gave it a finished look.
Love how this whole fire pit area has come together and the new sitting area is the perfect finisher
After we finished the sitting spot, we decided that we had a ton of brush to burn.  So, the boys and I started a fire.... and had s'mores.

Hunter roasted marshmellows
My artistic shot of the s'mores.  mmmmm.. yummy.  A pregnant girl might be one of the only people to truly appreciate this artsy shot.

Ashton sampling the goods

Shepherd loved them!
 Here is another little project that is going to be hung by our sitting area.  Dad found this old, black, rusted light fixture in our attic.  I tore that sucker apart, tossed the wiring and glass and then spray painted it this chrome silver color... added a citronella candle and wahla... now I have to figure out a safe way to hang it.

Add caption




I was feeling a bit on the outdoorsy side after our day of outdoor work, so I cranked up the grill and we had hamburgers and hot dogs.
Toasted buns and all. ;)




Another thing I am excited about... fresh watermelon.  I have a bunch of little ones that I am not sure are going to make it but I think this one is going to be a good one.
A little bit of soccer in the backyard while I watch from the new sitting area!  :)  Oh joy!

And just to cap it off.... Hunter and Ashton fighting proving that though this day was awesome my darling children kept it real.  And dont think Ashton is innocent in this... as he gave the first couple hits.
 This was a perfect 2nd day of fall.

Check back tomorrow as I give a review of another one of my new favorite things.

2 comments:

  1. That looks perfect! I can see many evenings being spent there and I loved your s'mores picture. That sounds heavenly about right now! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to stay home - must say posts like this make me jealous! I love how you include the little things - those are the blessings....

    ReplyDelete