Friday, September 21, 2012

And So Soccer Season Begans

Hunt and Ash are both playing soccer for the YMCA.  They played last year as well but were both on the same team in the U6 division... this year, Hunter has moved up to U8, so I am officially juggling my first of many seasons of 2 different teams.

Hunt's first game was actually last week and his team won.  They also played last night and lost 4-3.  I will just be honest and say that I have been pleasantly surprised with Hunter.  He enjoys playing but it would be a huge stretch to say he loves playing any sports at this time.  I have made sure he knows that we dont care whether or not he plays but he insisted that he wanted to. But, so far he has proven to be a really good defender.  He gets the concept of clearing the ball, however, he does not like having the ball at his foot for an extended period of time...  unlike his brother.
Hunter slowing down the really fast kid.  Hunter is in green if you cant tell.

Hunter playing goalie... he looks so grown up to me here.  He saved 2 goals while playing and wasnt scored on.  He is even in good position compared to where the ball is. :)

Hunter's good friend, Karson dribbling the ball down the field.

Onto Ashton--- who LOVES to have the ball at his foot.  He has the drive to score which is something that cant be taught.  The ball also LOVES Asthon's foot as it seems to have a magnet hooked to him.  Ashton is so competitive and walked off the field yesterday and told me that his team won 14-3... yep, he kept count of a 14-3 score.  He scored between 7 and 9 goals, he lost count and I was having to jungle watching his game and Hunter's game.
Ashton on a break away.

And another one.
 And just to show that he was in fact at that game... here is Shep and Connor doing some flips. 
Good Buddies! :)

So far, I am quite proud of the way both of the boys are playing.  They work hard and do their best. 

1 comment:

  1. And can I just say that a benefit to being at the district office is being 2 miles away....by the time I had supper at Cory's (because of working ungodly hours!), I was able to catch some of this well-documented game....Shepherd and Connor chowed down on my french fries and contaminated my tea....oh the role of a Queenie!

    ReplyDelete