Monday, July 30, 2012

Molly's Paw Pad


Why is it that expenses can not just come in a steady drip instead of a massive flood.

I dont dare complain about these expenses as they are all directly associated with some major blessings but man... it can be draining!
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***If you have a weak stomach, you may just want to forego this post.






The newest expense is Molly and thankfully didnt cost that much.  

Wednesday evening, while watching Big Brother (DONT JUDGE ME), Chad and noticed Molly incessantly licking/ lapping her paw.  I didnt check on it thinking she probably just had something stuck in it and would get it out.  I didnt notice her licking on it Thursday.  Friday, while sleeping, she woke me up twice with her loud licking.  I looked at her paw closely Saturday  morning and saw this
Deep wound- Goes down to about the first crease of my pinky finger
I called the vet, but they couldnt work her on Saturday morning.  I did my best make shift dog first aid and did my best to keep her from licking it all weekend.
Cut up band-aid with Neosporin wrapped with paper towel with duct tape.  It took her awhile to get it off.

Took her this morning and the vet said that even though it was nasty wound that it was actually very clean- no infection.  She has to wear the dog cone of shame when we are not actively watching her, take an antibiotic, and pain meds for the next 7 days.  But the vet said that in 2 weeks, we shouldnt even be able to tell that she hurt it.


She is hilarious in this thing.  She runs into everything.

Thankfully she doenst seem overly bothered by her paw, the cone is more of a concern to her.  

3 comments:

  1. aw, poor Mols! The cone has never been a kind thing for dogs. Hope she feels better soon and that was a great make-shift doggie bandage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally figured out how to comment! woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly is the Queen of Dogs - little does she know this is just a crown!

    ReplyDelete