Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Whirlwind Weekend

Friends of ours from NC made the trip to visit for the weekend.  We managed to squeeze 9 people into our 1400 square foot house.... makes me wonder how we have managed to do the 1000 square foot beach house last year. 

We learned that with 5 boys, 6 and under that you must seize opportunities to get out of the house. 

Friday before dinner, Chad took us to see the new high school.  It really is amazing!  The fields are gorgeous.  The soccer field is turf and if I had a ball, I would have been taken back to the glory days.  Hunter and Ashton managed to run an entire lap around the track. 

Saturday, Liv and I took the boys to the zoo.  I didnt take a ton of pics but here are the ones I took. 
Breakfast Saturday morning.

From the back!

Oops, forgot my flash.  All 5 boys lined up


This sweet stranger was pushing all of these kids on this spinning thing.


Saturday night-  Chad and I decided a few weeks ago to do a coach's family cookout in his family's neck of the woods.  It was a huge success.  His athletic director made Low Country Boil which was delish.  Yum.  The smaller kids loved the pool and the older kids and adults without small kids stayed on the pond and fished.  It was so nice to get together with the coaches and their families.  Football officially started the day after the cookout.  I brought my camera, but I was too busy loving on my new niece to get it from the car.  Thankfully, Olivia snapped a couple shots.  I wish I would have just walked to the car to get my camera though.  Oh well.

Luke, Shep, Charlee, and Hunter enjoying the water.

Shepherd playing on his own

A little corn hole action with Noah, Ashton, and Shepherd


Totally random... but this was/ is the prettiest spider.  Look at his cool web.
Sunday we got up and got our group shot and then went to church and out to eat.  Matt, Olivia, and the boys took off after that.

Group shot.  Shep's eyes are still pretty sensitive to the light since his virus a few weeks ago.

It was a packed weekend, full of memories.

Matt, Olivia, and boys- glad you guys had fun.  Hopefully we will be able to meet up again at CFA over Thanksgiving! 

1 comment:

  1. So glad that Olivia and family could come for a visit - althouogh your house was stretched, your yard is fabulous - so know the boys had fun.

    ReplyDelete