Monday, July 16, 2012

A Date with Doctor Hannah

A few months ago, I noticed this skin piece on the edge of Hunter's nose.  After some google research, I diagnosed him with a skin tag.  I called and scheduled a dermatologist appt.  However, after some additional google research, I decided I could remove the skin tag myself... with finger nail clippers... marvelous!  I did so and cancelled appt.

Fast forward to about 5 weeks ago in which time I had since removed the skin tag 3 times already... it continued to grow back.  I called back and rescheduled the appt and promised myself to leave the poor kid's nose alone.
Can you imagine a worse spot for a child or adult to have a growth sprout?  Everyone thought he had a booger in his nose
Fast forward to today, Hunter's appt was at 1:40, so Chad got home at 11:30 and Hunter and I went out on a "date".  Hunter loves to have a one on one date (Bachelor terminology) with me.  I mean, they normally only have group dates with me so I do cherish the individual time.

We ate at Fatz and then ran to Toys R Us to get a  pre-good job at the doctor's appt toy.
Hunter and me on our date- sorry only had my cheapo flip phone camera.
We get to the derm's office and Hunter is nervous.  He immediately stinks up the entire hallway where the bathroom is located right beside the front desk and the exam rooms. Great start. : /

The doctor comes in and I admit to him that I have self treated this skin tag to which he informs me that it is NOT a skin tag but a wart.   Wow!  Oops!  So sorry Hunter!  I clipped his wart, not once, but three times.

Anyway, Hunter was great.  The nurse was soooo apprehensive to give him this numbing shot on the tip of his nose, but he did really good, slight fuss, but no tears.  I was actually nervous when the nurse came in becasue another nurse poked her head in the door and they gave eachother this look of "should we really be doing this to him?"
The doctor then came in and shaved it off then gave it a couple hits with the burning wand and he was done.

And how it looks now.  Just a little red spot. 
Perhaps, I am not Doctor Hannah after well, but I do make pretty good date ;-)

1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious! Yeah, that's why we didn't go to school for 8 years :) Good job Hunter and I'm so depressed in Bachelorette world. Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete