Sunday, November 6, 2011

Finally, the firepit is DONE!

After 8 long months, I finally finished my firepit area in our backyard!  This "little" project turned out to not be one of the those inexpensive DIY projects, but the result speaks for itself. 

Before
(this was taken in February) 


After
Ashton is helping me take pictures.
And another
The view from the steps (here is a post from March when I did the steps)
View from above.  The plan is for the groundcover to take over in between the cracks.  You can see where it is already taking off pretty good on the far side. 
And here is a close up of this fast growing groundcover.  Hopefully, by next summer, all the dirt in between the rocks will covered in this lushness.... I will probably also be cussing it for "creeping" so quickly.

Anyway, there it is.  I will guess that it probably cost me around $350 to $400 to complete but spaced out over 8 months, we didnt really feel it.  I love it and think it adds some completeness to the vastness of our backyard.  But, more importantly, the boys love it.  They pretend back there, throw stuff into the pit, and walk the stones all the time.  

Smores anybody?  :) 



1 comment:

  1. To all who read this post: This young lady does these projects while raising three young children Sunday - Saturday during football and track season! I'm just amazed....forget the smores - how about a round of applause from all of us moms who know how challenging it is to juggle all the tasks!
    Thanks for taking the time to encourage, motivate, and inspire others! You rock (hahaha!)

    ReplyDelete