Monday, November 14, 2011

And Football Goes on Another Week


Question:   How do you judge how great a football game is?

Answer: If I blog about it.


The boys getting ready to go the football game.  Mantis was brave enough to volunteer to take them home and put them to bed by himself after halftime.  Brave Brave man!

 And let me tell you that Friday night's game was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.  It was one of those games that came down to the last second, or should I say the last 2.2 seconds.  You can probably guess that it was amazing mainly because we won.  I am so proud of these young men who have put in so many hours training, they were behind by 14 points at the half and managed to pull it back together. 

Friday night will be a true test as we are the underdogs... though our record is 11-1, the 1 came from the team we must play Friday night.  Regardless of the outcome, I am so proud of Chad.  He has definitely been through some coaching valleys and coaching peaks.  It is good to see him be rewarded for the 90 hour work weeks (dont get me started on how much he works).  The community has been behind him from the very beginning even before he had proven himself.

10 seconds after the game winning field goal.
The singing of the alma mater.



And though Friday was an awesome night, Saturday  morning proved to be just as much fun!  Hunter had the great idea of going to the zoo.  The weather was perfect, Chad was home, and we had no plans so we went.  It is the first thing that we have done as a family in..... uh, I dont really know.  I should have grabbed a family picture to prove Chad was there but I didn't.  However, I did get this picture which made us laugh.
I guess the lion was enjoying the cool breeze.  In typical male style, threw his legs apart to "air it out."
I think I get a version of this picture every time.
And a version of this one, however this picture actually had everyone looking and smiling.  MIRACLE!

So, though we had an amazing football weekend (with Clemson winning too), I think we had an even better family weekend. 

In the words of my husband... "Go Green!  Roll Wave!"  :)

1 comment:

  1. Again....congrats to the entire family for a functional football season. As the wife of a state championship soccer coach, I know the toll it takes on everyone - and those smiles on the boys' faces....that's cause the whole family is at the zoo! May All be blessed at Friday night's game because remember....All is Grace! (And Saturday we're at my house!)

    ReplyDelete