Friday, November 19, 2010

The PAP Nation

... neck deep in football for the past few months.


Chad arguing with the refs!
picture courtesy of Susan McCall

As this football season comes to a close, I am amazed at how successful it was. God's sovereignty has been so completely evident that I can only stand in awe. I love it when you can actually see God's hand and boy, have we seen His hand on our family this past year.

Though I dont often do this, I must brag on my husband. He will chuckle at this but he is such a good example to me on how to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try again. After his previous head coaching stint, I would have forever thrown in the towel. He didn't... instead, he interviewed for COUNTLESS jobs with many rejections and a few offers. After prayer, we decided that this area was where we were supposed to be and though no football jobs were offered, we came. Five months later- boom- head football coach of a 4A floundering high school!

8 months later- boom- beginning of the PAP nation. Your phrase of Practice After Practice (PAP) has somehow become The PAP Nation and has given this community and your players something to hang their hat on.


The PAP Nation
picture courtesy of Susan McCall


2 more months - boom- a team that won only one game last year just finished the 2010 season 9-4!!! What? It is awesome!


Chad's post game speech after the playoff win from last week... first playoff win since 1997
picture courtesy of Susan McCall

Chad, I am proud of you. However, I was also proud of you when you were a head coach at Northern and when you were an assistant at RM. I think it is amazing how much you love your job! The hours you invest into these young men has to do some good. I love you and hope you know how much you are looked up to by not only our little men but me.

Welcome home Daddy!
Most important!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! Congrats Chad. And even though I argued with God for a long time about pulling you away from here, I know He had great plans for you and boy did he ever! Congrats on a great season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Chad! It sounds like a mighty work is being done! And Congratulations to you, Hannah, because behind every great Coach there stands an outstanding wife :) Wonderful to read about God's blessings! I know you'll be glad to get your husband back!

    ReplyDelete