Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday Shep Shep!


I am in absolute disbelief that I am already writing this…
Happy 1st Birthday Shepherd!

3 days old

2 months

4 months

6 months

8 months

10 months
1 year old!

You are such a gift. I was in complete and utter shock when I found out I was pregnant with you. I had my own plan on when it would be time to have another baby and God decided to go another route and I thank Him daily for His wisdom. Now when I look at pictures of just your brothers, I realize that there was a huge piece missing. You fit in that spot perfectly. And I love you more and more each and everyday.

You are not walking yet but I am finally able to see a bit of progress with standing totally unassisted. You took one baby step at Queenie’s house last week and took another baby step today, however, it will still be awhile before you are walking… part of me is glad that you are taking your time with this milestone and part of me knows that you will be much more content when you can keep up with your brothers.

Your personality finds a good middle ground between Hunter and Ashton. You get frustrated easily and oddly enough, to be the youngest of three, are not very patient. So you are not as emotional as Ashton but not as laid back as Hunter. You love to be outside and enjoy playing by yourself or with your brothers (actually, you enjoy destroying anything your brothers are playing with or building). You love to play ball and will “throw” and “catch” or push a few balls around the house or yard for a long time.

You are a pretty good eater. You definitely have your favorite foods like hot dogs, mac n cheese, spaghetti, but will not turn down most other foods. You much prefer to feed yourself but if you really like the food then will let me feed you (cereal, yogurt, ice cream). You still cherish your nighttime bottle and are a great sleeper.

You can say “mama” “dada” “dog” “juice”. Hunter swears you have said “hunter” and “ashton”. You give kisses on command and love to be loved on. You love sucking on your blankie just like Hunter did and are quite content when your blankie is in your hands.

Shepherd, I love you so much. Your big smile and bright eyes can light up any room. I love on Wednesday mornings when your brothers are at “school” and I get one on one time with you. I can see when you are going to be quite the cool and funny kid.

My prayer for you is that you will love Jesus. He is our everything. I pray that you will serve Him with every ounce in your being. I fully believe that He has you in His hands and has your way mapped out.

Happy Birthday baby boy!

Love ya bunches and bunches
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Shep! No video for you, Noah only will still sing happy birthday to Ashton! Ha! We love you too and have missed watching you grow up this year. We can't wait to see you next week! Love to you Shep!

    ReplyDelete