Thursday, July 14, 2016

You Know You are a Mom of Boys When... Vol 3

It has been a year and a half since I did, "You Know You are a Mom of Boys When."  Here are the first two posts Volume 1 and Volume 2.

1-  Ashton and Hunter having a conversation about what they want to name their kids (we all love the CW show Arrow)...

Hunter- "I like (I cant even remember what he said now)
Ashton- "If I have a boy, his name will be Arrow."
Me- hahahaha, say that with your last name.
Ashton, "Arrow Smith"
Me- "haha- do you not get it- Arrow Smith is like Aerosmith."
Hunter and Ashton- silence and questioning looks.
Me- "like the musical group, Aerosmith."
Hunter and Ashton- more silence.
Me- "oh, never mind.  Arrow Smith is awesome."

PS- Dad, I know I am not supposed to put my last name on the internet like this, no need to fuss at me.  Love you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2- As mentioned in one of my beach posts, it feels like half of my deleted pictures look like this.  Seriously, if I dont tell them where to put their hands, at least one of the four will default to holding the weinie.... this goes WITHOUT FAIL.

Even better, when two of them are holding "it"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3- Speaking of holding it, is it just a man thing that if you are watching tv then hands have to either go down the pants or sit right under the waistband?  I ask this in all seriousness because from age 3 to age 37 to age 50 something (dad including you on this one too), it happens.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4- And since I am on a roll with this topic, let me branch off a bit and discuss standing vs sitting to pee.  I am on a quest in my house to teach sitting down to pee if you are at a toilet.  A urinal means stand to pee a toilet means sit to pee.  Chad acts like this is foreign concept.  Am I crazy for suggesting this or just following in my mom's footsteps?

Maybe if I only had a couple men/ boys in the house it would not be a big deal but goodness, 5 "men" standing and splashing or flat out missing equals messy.  Not to mention, when they forget to put the seat down or worse dont put the seat up in the first place and then pee on the seat and then I later sit on it (yes, this has happened).

Just wanted some other opinions on the matter....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5-  Thanks to songs like "Hello from the Dark Side" and just being from my family where we always come up with quirky songs; lyrics of songs tend to change.  My mom and dad were/ are notorious for creating original pieces or changing the lyrics to songs.... so it is only fair that my kids were gifted in this area.

 Example:  This is my bathroom song (This is My Backroad Song by Granger Smith)

Example:  I like Yummy fries ("just like animals" Animals by Maroon 5)

Example:  You know I like my chicken fries (Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band)  I think they really think the lyrics are "chicken fries" as that is their favorite lunch frozen chicken.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6- Anytime we go through a store's door that opens by itself, at least one of my boys will throw their arm up and say, "Force."
(Star Wars reference for those who are not covered up with Star Wars)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7- During dinner, the conversation will almost always take a turn to potty humor. I quickly squelch it.  This last time, the conversation was how remarkably similar my eye color is to poop.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8- Quick conversation with Bennett.  He was hugging me tight and rocking me back and forth.
Me- "Bennett, you are hugging me so hard it is going to knock me down."

Bennett- "but, fthat is how much I wuv you."


2 comments:

  1. Please don't make it a year and a half before you post another one of these. I laughed out loud so many times! I think you are facing a losing battle with not standing to pee. Boys just love that they can do it. Clorox wipes my friend. Noah was jumping off the diving board at our friends house and I finally got tired of him holding it and embarrassed him by calling him out. They just love it. So many funny things our boys do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing so hard over here too! So very relatable. Owen/rule follower is a strict enforcer of the "wipe up your pee spills," which helps, but I gotta say, even Esmé contributes to the pee drenched potty. I love the "Force" opening of doors. The boys are gonna crack up when I do it...

    ReplyDelete