Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Long Weekend

So, it is Jan 21 and this is my first post for the year.  oops.

A four day weekend is always much anticipated.

And we had quite an eventful one.

Friday afternoon, I hopped in Chad's car and headed to Easley to meet up with some friends.  Girls Night :)  First, it was raining.  Second, it was I-85 on a Friday... for those who dont know... this is not fun.

About half way, I have to pull over to a gas station because my wiper is literally hanging off.  A nice gentlemen comes out, in the rain, and helps me put it back on.

My GPS reroutes me twice because of all the accidents/ traffic on 85.

I, then, notice that my check engine light and my emergency break light on on.  As I am talking to mom on the phone, my radio shuts off and the interior lights cut off.  About 10 minutes later, my exterior lights cut off (it now about 6 so it is getting dark.)  My break lights, turn signals, emergency blinkers do not work.  My breaks then start acting a little wacko.  I am off the interstate and only have 10 minutes to get to Outback where we are meeting for dinner.  I decide to go ahead and try to make it.  Thankfully, I pull up into Outback as the car is deciding it is basically finished.
The sunset on 85... while stuck in my 2nd traffic jam.

Silver Lining on the the drive= was an absolutely gorgeous sunset.  The clouds parted right where the sun was setting and it lit the sky up...

Though I was supposed to head back home after dinner as 2 of the boys have games at 10 am the next morning, I quickly realize I am not going home.  Jodi drives me to my parents house where I spend the night, child-free.  Silver Lining, I tell ya.  :)

Dad trying to get the car to start.
Dad and I head back to Easley to try and get the car.  It will not start.  Tow truck comes and it takes it to the mechanic, Bob Root, who we used when we lived in Easley. Mr. Root is the father of one of Chad's players in Easley. He says it is the alternator and that he can get it fixed in 3 hours!  During this time, my brother comes to the rescue and is able to, last minute, head over to my house to take Hunter to his game so Chad can take Shep to his.  Thanks Nolie.

The mechanic fixes the car, charges basically nothing for labor, mom scurries into the mehanic's office and throws her credit card down and pays for the repair before I can (must say, my parents are pretty amazing), and then she and I go shopping.

If you need a good, honest mechanic in the Easley area, I highly recommend Root's Garage.

I owe thank yous to so many people... Jodi for taking me to moms, mom and dad for giving up your Saturday to help me out and then paying for the inconvience, Nolan for trekking over to my house to take a nephew to a game, Root's garage for quick work, and Chad for filling in and handling the curve balls and especially the Lord who got me to Easley safely when so many things could have gone wrong. To these, you turned my worrisome weekend into a big sigh of relief.
------------------------------------------------------------------
And, totally unrelated.  This deserved a post of its own and I had it post saved in drafts but never posted it.. I want to throw out a "Go Clemson" even though they came up a little short in the National Championship.   I have one very stubborn 8 year old who, though he loves Clemson (his 2nd favorite team), loves Alabama more.  We let the boys stay up... or try to stay up for the game.  Ashton made it the longest until the middle of the 3rd.  I am glad he fell asleep as I didnt want to see his cocky attitude after the game... yes, I am still bitter.

#almostallin  Moses seems to get in every single picture








1 comment:

  1. Mantis and I enjoyed the surprise "nanner" visit...however, I must say that Isla gave you the warmest of greetings! I'm so glad the ole Sante Fe is still able to provide with a 2nd set of wheels.....we'll pray the Lord will continue to provide for you in ways unthinkable! Our Valentine pups are almost 2.....can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete