Monday, January 25, 2016

No Longer a Toddler

The end of toddlerdom happens when you turn 3... and my precious baby hit the big 3 today.  We have been talking about his birthday for what feels like ever.  Even though he is the first birthday, in our family, of the year... he is the tailend of the rapid fire birthdays that we have for the kids in the family (October, November, December, and then January) so this countdown has been on for quite awhile.
From first born....
... to an amazing 3!!!
We had a 2 hours delay this morning so birthday had to be opened before school.  
Hunter was the only one who did not reign on Bennett's parade.  The middle two LOVE birthdays.
He loved his presents and proceeded to play and play and play until we took his brothers to school.  
His loot (not pictured- his money) His played with everything extensively already.  He was so happy.
I managed to (barely) hold them  myself off from eating the cake this morning.  
He requested a Paw Patrol cake... and then loved playing with the water squirter bath toys afterwards
Bennett wanted Panera for lunch so we call Ms GrandmaDean and ask her to go with us. We pick her up and head to Panera.  I notice Bennett is not acting like himself but he has a little cold so I let it go.  He proceeds to tell while in line at Panera that "his nummy (tummy) hurts".  Five minutes later, while sitting at a table waiting on our food, he throws up all over me.  I still dont know if it was just congestion/ snot or sickness.   He has acted about 70% today so hopefully tomorrow he will feel like himself.

A little about Bennett about 3...

- loves puzzles 
- knows some of his shapes
- starting to count
- adores his brothers.  He will rank them in the order he likes them.  haha... so wrong.
Reading with Hunter
- talks a lot but most cant understand him
-love Molly and Moses
Dogs and Electronics.  He is listening to "what da wok way"  (What does the Fox Say?)and when I dont understand that he says "ne ne ne ne ne." (sing that part)
- likes tractors, Hot Wheels, bugs, and bathtime
- totally potty trained and has been for a few months... still wears a diaper at night.
- still a peanut, wearing a solid 3T in tops and bottoms.
Listening to us sing Happy Birthday
- he always says," I am wo happy."  
- when I read his Bible story at night, he is starting to be able to answer the questions (the simple ones).  
-Also loving books- his favorites right now are anything to do with dinosaurs, tractors, pout pout fish, paw patrol.
- hates snakes.
- loves Paw Patrol and Octonauts
Blowing out his candles... his brothers actually let him to this unassisted.

- still loves his blanket more than almost anything... except for me... I am tied with blanket.
- takes a 1.5 hour nap still
- enjoys playing outside (but also loves inside if Shep plays Legos with him or if he is watching something on the tv)
Finally able to do the zipline (from half way up).
- loves to cuddle/ hug/ and kiss--- more so than the other 3.  
- randomly tells me that he loves me.  A couple days ago, I said I love you and he said, "I wuv you too."  I melt. 

Our family was completed with you Bennett. You infectious, mischievous smile is my joy- my happy.  You really are my happy.  Continue to be tough, fight the good fight. Live for Jesus.
This pic is a couple months old but I love it.  He is cheesin' it up.

Always be careful of how you walk and where you walk.  Remember Ephesians 5:!5- "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise."  Follow the Narrow Life kiddo- even though it is not always the cool way or the easy way.  Use the Bible, not the world, as a lamp unto your feet and a light unto your path.

Happy 3rd Birthday my forever baby,
I love you 
Mom 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's try this again. Happy Birthday baby Bennett as you were so lovingly called for so long! You are such a precious boy with that adorable smile! I can't believe he's already 3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Baby B! You are quite the little stud muffin and your mommy will forever capture "the lasts!"

    ReplyDelete