Friday, May 9, 2014

From Eddie


Hi, I am Eddie.  I am officially the 2nd dog to stay at my sister, Hannahs house--- which will from here on out be referred to as the Dog House
As much as I love these little people, this picture taking stuff is traumatic for me... I went and laid in a corner immediately after this photo session.  Molly assured me that if I just looked at the camera, it would be over quickly.

I have heard that my dog nephew Riggs blogged about his stay at the Dog House.  If you don't know, Riggs is my nemesis, my archrival, my enemy.  From the moment we met, we have disliked one another.  You see, Riggs took away my brother Nolan and for that, there will be no forgiveness.  Plus, he just waltzed up to me the first time we met like he owned my house... MY HOUSE.  I just dont have time for that.

It is because of this relationship that I am also documenting my stay at Hannah's house.  My documentary will not be so silly and puppyish though as I am much more refined than that chocolate lab. 

Us black labs are more dignified.  I wish that my sister, Abby was here to back me up on that assessment, however she tolerated Riggs and she may say we are more refined not because we are black but because we are old.  Unfortunately, my sister, Abby went to heaven a few weeks back.  I miss her everyday but she couldn't play with me anymore and was seriously starting to slow down my walks.  She would just lay down in the middle of the road.  She was 13 years old. What a girl she was.
Pretty Abby... picture courtesy of Nolan.

Enough of sad things....

I have been here for a whole week... Riggs has never stayed that long so I win that prize.  My Ma and Pa went to Florida for a week (they are back and I will go back to my calm, predictable home tomorrow.)  It would be a lie if I said I wasn't excited.
in the car line
I heard that Riggs eats toys, crayons, and other random things while visiting so I decided to give it a try.  I tore up Batman.  I dug all kinds of mammoth holes in the yard.  I slept on all kinds of furniture.  I, however, refuse to eat crayons... what kind of animal do you think I am? 

The worst thing about staying here is the lack of walks.  I mean, do they not realize that I live a spoiled life of two perfectly scheduled walks every single day.  I have yet to receive a real walk since I have been here.  It is getting a bit annoying.

The best part about my visit was either picking up my two oldest nephews, Hunter and Ashton at school during the week or going through the McDonald's drive through and sharing a cheeseburger with Shepherd.  If that is family life, then I could get used to that.
Watching Hunter and Ashton walk out of school.  I get all kinds of petting!
Getting my last bite of cheeseburger
I also loved hanging out with my "cousin" Molly.  She, Abby, and I are best buds so it has been nice being with her.  I liked eating my breakfast and dinner beside her.... reminds of old times.

Everyone says that I am "such a beautiful big boy."  And, I have to agree.  I am pretty spectacular.  I didn't use to like kids that much, but I really like them now.  Even the baby is good- he doesn't bother too much.  I get plenty of lovins and plenty of food... what else does a dog need... besides some peace and quiet?
Hunter loved having me.  He slept in the same room as me the first night so I wouldn't be scared. 
Overall, I give the Dog House 4 / 5 stars.  I am sure that I will be coming back.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you all so much for keeping our precious special Ed! Mantis and I really liked your blog - made us both tear a little with sweet Abby no longer being with us. Ole Ed is crashed in the basement right now - told your dad we probably wouldn't see him for a couple of days as he recovers from his week with the Smiths!

    ReplyDelete