Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Mountain House


 What a perfect trip!  Besides me breaking the bench the in the kitchen and my camera battery dying half way through, I dont think I would have changed anything about it.


Back in the fall, my brother, Nolan, suggested that we do a mountain ski trip instead of a beach trip.  We all agreed.  This past weekend we went to Banner Elk and stayed in the a perfect house that housed 7 adults and 7 kids.  The house had enough room for everyone, a hot tub outside, and gorgeous 360 degree views. 

The house was at the tip top of the mountain and both vans (ours and Zachs) needed help to get to the top.  The boys were funny as they were a bit nervous we were going to slide off the mountain.

We got up there safe and sound Thursday afternoon.  We decided to do the skiing part of the trip on Friday when it would hopefully be less crowded... plus Saturday was supposed to be pretty warm (especially to ski).

We decided to put Hunter and Ashton in ski school for a couple hours.  Nolan took Shepherd and helped him learn the basics.  I was so proud of the boys, they all did great!  The ski school was a bit boring for the older two but I do think they picked up some essentials so it was worth the money.  They had time to play around on the skis after the session.  Here are some of the pics... unfortunately, I didnt get more good pictures of Ashton and Hunter since they were in ski school most of the time.


God Bless Nolan--- he did a lot of this.
Getting the basics

This was the reaction we all had to Shepherd.

Shepherd LOVED it!  He was actually pretty good too.

Aunt Anna with Caelum.

Uncle Zach and Owen... Owen and Caelum both did a really good job too.  Zach was very serious with his instructions.


Ski school picture.  Ashton is in orange helmet and Hunter is to the right.

Hunter getting some lessons from Zach



Hunter wipes out going down a practice hill.
Ashton getting ready to go

Going on a side angle down the hill... Nolan was just off to the right

Taking a break--- skiing wore the adults out! 




And here are just some extra shots from around the mountain house. 


Look at that view! so pretty


7 snow angels!  :)

Hot tub fun  (Zach had them the first time and Chad had them the second time).  There is not much better than a hot tub in the dead of winter, in the mountains on a crisp clear evening with a glass of wine waiting on you inside.




 The rest of these are from right before we left... my camera battery was dead so it was all iphone pictures... I know some of you swear the an iphone can take just beautiful pictures.  Let's just say, I am quite bummed my battery died. :(



Great pic of the boys... wish I had my camera!


The original 5!

This picture right here is the one that I would give anything to have had my camera... such a sweet picture of my brother and pretty  little niece, Esme.


Cousin life

If you are just dying to see more... here are a few video clips of the boys skiing.
Hunter

Ashton

Shepherd


And just an absolutely adorable picture of Bennett... this one might just get blown up!

 We had such a great time... I know that my crew was not ready to come back (well maybe Chad was but he is a stick in the mud... hahaha).  We made some memories and the boys are already talking about the next time we go to the mountain house!

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun! Loved the setting and the house and keep thinking about when I can get back to that mountain! You kids are bad....I found out at work that gin has a high alcohol content.....

    ReplyDelete