Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines Day and Snow

Wow!  What a snow filled couple days.

My old faithful girl.
The kids have been out of school since 1:00 Tuesday.  We have been snowed in since Wednesday morning.  This morning, our 6" of snow has packed down to make quite an ice surface.  Thankfully, it is supposed to be warm today and most of it should melt.  At least enough where we are no longer captives in our home.

We probably had between 5 - 7"... it was a beautiful snow.
Here are some of our snow antics.
The boys and snowman

Bennett was not impressed with Frosty... he kept looking at him and then started crying


The perfect packing snow for a snowball fight (Shep had already gone inside to play legos)
The 3 boys that remained outside


My baby


Bennett and Molly

The big boys

And of course, today is Valentines Day.  I look around at my little ( and big) loves and am so thankful. Here are the sweet notes I got today.

Hunter did the first one... straight the point.

Ashton was next with his competitive nature coming out and wanting the biggest and best note to me.

He is doing so good sounding things out.  However, you might need me to decipher some of the words.
Note 1:
From Ashton  To Dad.  I beat my dad at soccer.  My dad never defeat me on soccer ball.  My dad is big.  My dad is older than mom.  I remember when I was little.
 Note 2:
From Ashton To Mom. My mom is nice.  I like my mom.  My mom is cool.  My mom sleeps with my dad (hahaha).  My  mom takes care of Bennett.

And Shepherd with his artistic flare wanting to paint a Valentine.


 And we cant forget my romantic husband.

In case you are wondering what this is... it is nothing.  Good thing I am not a romantic type. haha 

I honestly didnt do much either.  Each boys (big and small) got either Dark Chocolate Raisins (Hunter and Bennett) or Dark Chocolate Pomegranates (Ashton, Shep, and Chad) and each boy got a new book.  The snow storm kind of forced simplicity this year... which is quite refreshing.

Have a Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment:

  1. Fun snow adventures! The boys look like they loved it. Aren't you glad we actually bought snow stuff for the mountain trip? Otherwise we would have been unprepared!

    ReplyDelete