Saturday, November 2, 2013

On the Rocks

or should I say "In the Rocks."

Bennett has been officially crawling for a week now.  He still much prefers to cruise around the furniture if given the option... he can happily crawl to get to said furniture.
Such a sweetie pie.
But for the title of this post... Our fireplace has this itty bitty rocks in it... I think they are for looks as I dont  know what their function could be... if someone knows, please let me know because I am about to get rid of them and this video is the reason why.

Bennett has decided it is such fun to crawl over to fireplace and rake the itty bitty rocks into the floor and then try to eat them.



Seriously, what 9 month old would not be absolutely fascinated with these?
Thankfully, in this case, he wanted me or my camera more than the rocks





Making his way to me.

As I suspected, he has become more content to play by himself since he started moving.   What I didnt think about was his sleeping has gotten a bit worse because now he can sit up, stand up, and move around in his crib which has led to mini fussing sessions.  But, as the 4th, momma is no longer fooled by such antics.  :)

After a small fuss, taking a nap before going to the church fall festival.
 Speaking of the fall festival, he also attempted to eat rocks there as well. He also got to go on his first hayride.  I did a poor job of taking pics though.

Not interested in the rocks at the moment but loving the lights strung up through the fence.
Met a girl and not just any girl... an older girl AND a preacher's daughter.  ;)

 So happy that Bennett is on the move.  Some people dread it, but I love when my baby's start to move.

Go Bennett!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I love seeing him crawl, since my kids were never really into that whole crawling thing. I would totally get rid of those little rocks. I can't imagine what they are for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Bennett! Will loved the rocks at our fire place too! The first time he ate one I called the doctor's office to make sure it couldn't hurt him. He ate several since the first and didn't seem to be phased by them.

    ReplyDelete