Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekly Udpate 2


So how are we doing? 
My boys and me before church... my first real picture with all 4!!! yes, 4 of my kids!

Really good... and that is not just the generic answer.  Things have really been going really smooth all things considered.
:)

Bennett
Seriously such a good baby.  I had forgotten how much newborns sleep.  He normally has 3 really awake periods a day that last for about 2 hours.  He has been sleeping great at night.  I can only complain about Thursday night where he was awake from 11:45- 2:00.  He wasnt fussy just awake.  Besides that night, he has been taking 2 four to four and a half hour stretches in his bouncy seat at night.
My precious baby


His cord fell off Saturday morning so he got his first bath last night and though he wasnt overjoyed about it, he didnt protest it until I got him out and he got cold.  He also had his circumsion on Friday.  He was only fussy about that for a few hours and now he is good to go.  He is nursing like a champ and I have no little to no pain so YAY for that!  As of Wednesday he was up to 8 lbs and by Friday up to 8 lb 4 oz, so I am sure he is up at least 1 lb from his birth weight which is great by the 2 week mark.
First bath


Hunter
Hunter continues to be a great big brother.  He doesnt hold Bennett a whole lot but kisses him on the head almost every time he walks by.
Hunter, from his basketball banquet, with his medal

Homeschooling has taken a backseat.  We try to do a bit everyday but probably only got 2 days worth completed last week... my goal for Feb is to do 3 days a week.  We are still a bit ahead of public schools so I am not at all concerned about our slow February!  Benefits of homeschooling!  I pace it.

Ashton
This kids loves some baby Bennett.  He has been such a help especially in the evening when Bennett is not really wanting to be put down.  Bennett will sleep on Ashton while I get the house cleaned up or coo dinner.  Ash will hold him some nights for a 30  minutes.  Plus it keeps Ashton still and quiet.  Bonus!
Sleeping baby example 1

Sleeping baby example 2

Thursday was bring your pet to school day at Ashton's preschool  Molly came and was a hit with the kids.
Molls looking happy with all the children
Ashton's basketball banquet picture
Ash and his trophy

Shepherd
Thankfully Sheppy seems totally unphased by Bennett.  He will still love on me.  He is demanding but this stage happened before Bennett arrived.  Shep also holds Bennett at least twice everyday but normally for only a minute or two. 
Sheppy cheesin it up
Molly
So happy to have another baby in the house.

There it is... my weekly update!  Continue to keep us in your prayers... plans to list the house this week or next.

1 comment:

  1. Shared the pictures of the boys with the ladies in the office (thanks, Erica!) - they all marveled at the little critters.....love the 1st picture.
    And can't believe that you attended the sports banquet a week after Bennett was born - you are the queen of motherhood! I relinquish that specific title to you....
    Thanks for sharing!
    CA

    ReplyDelete