Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ashton to K4

After much thought and prayer, we decided to go ahead and send Ashton to K4 at our church.  Though I am homeschooling Hunter, I felt that Ashton still really needed the outlet that "school" provides.  He loves and needs to be on the go or else fights and drama will follow.
My big 4 1/2 year old heading off to preschool.
Today was his first day and he had a great time!  He has 12 kids in his class and 2 amazing teachers.  I could not have handpicked better teachers for him. Ms Janie was Hunter's K4 teacher and she great to the kids without over coddling them.  Ms Amy is our children director's wife and she is so kind. 


Posing with his bros

Me and Smash (Shep snuck in)

Ready for school to start

I had forgotten how quiet the house is without Ashton in it.  I warned Hunter yesterday that it gets pretty quiet when Ashton is gone but I was not prepared for how quiet it really was. Both Hunter and I noticed it within the first hour that it was eerily quiet.  There also have been zero tears or fights today...even since my Smash has come home.

I am sure he will have a great year and I am so blessed that he is going to be loved on and taught by these wonderful ladies!

1 comment:

  1. So hard to believe that "smash smash puddin' & pash" is old enough to be in K-4. Know it's a sacrifice to send him, but it's worth it to jump start socially....he's got Spencer blood in him....he's always going to need to be busy!
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete