Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bed Time Prayers

Ashton's Prayer:
"Thank you for boys and girls and uh boys. And pencils. And blankets. And playgrounds. And uh, Mexicans. Amen"
ha ha ha ha, I couldnt help myself, he had me laughing pretty hard with this one.

and just to contrast.... here is Hunter's prayer
Hunter:
"Thank you for my brothers and my family. Thank you that I got to see fireflies tonight. I love everybody. Amen."
So sweet.

As I started to think about it though, both Ashton and Hunter's prayers are reminders of how God wants me to thank Him. These prayers are quite convicting examples of Eucharisteo- realizing all is a gift in which we should thank the Giftgiver.

Just to finish up with another Ashton funny---
since Mexican was mentioned- here is another conversation I had with Ashton recently.

Ashton- "Mickey Mouse, is that Spanish?"
Me- "Uh, No"
Ashton- "ew uh uh uh, is that Spanish?"

1 comment:

  1. Surely 1 kind blogger out of the 8,232 can help you out with what to do with a sick computer....I'm missing the updates! (Maybe ole' Zachie will have some clues when he arrives...)
    Olivia and family are precious people - Olivia, thanks for being a faithful and dear friend to Hannah.....for what it's worth, that makes you dear to me.
    Hooray for the USA women's soccer team! Can't wait for the World Cup Party on Sunday - my house....count it!

    ReplyDelete