Saturday, June 11, 2011

A recap of the past couple days

*** Another semi- fragmented post... but I am feeling rushed because we rented a RedBox movie and Chad is going to start it without me if I dont hurry.

Anyways,

We are in the middle of having the privilege of house sitting (but more importantly dog-sitting) for my parents as they are in good ol' California with my brother and his beautiful family.

When we walked into their house to begin our "mini lake vacation", the house was so put together and tidy. I thought, "oh if I just had a bigger house." However, after two days, this was how it looked ( I didnt take a picture of all the crumbs on the floor or of all the track pieces on the living room floor).
Mom, I have already had to do a mini cleaning session.

Within the first 20 minutes of being there, the remote controls had been swirlied in the toilet by Shepherd. They are working again after removing the batteries and shaking the water out! And a crystal candle stick was broken (surprise mom and dad! didnt tell you that one).

I have had to trek back home (30 minute drive) everyday so far for swim lessons which have been cancelled right when I get there (because of this ridiculous thunder.) On our way back to mom and dads house last night this is what we drove in (this was about 10 minutes from my parents house) I was thinking, "great- no watering," however once we got to their house I chuckled because it was DRY! They seriously dont get rain.

The 3 children and the 3 dogs have been great with everyone being out of the routine. Trust me dad, your dogs are FINE! I even walked them in the thunder last night. I will post a group shot when I take one... haha, talk about vague.

Mom and Dad, hope you guys are having fun. The dogs do miss you. Eddie and Abby demanded some luvins from me last night. Oh and Eddie got fed 3 times this morning. Shepherd has figured out how to open the dog food container (the last two "feedings" were not full servings though so dont fret... DAD!) And though it may not seem like it... we have EVERYTHING under control ;-)
We miss you guys. See ya in a few!

Here is just some cute picture from an awesome jetted bath tub (not pictures of me- geez that would be scary.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah,
    Hilarious! We so appreciate you and your family staying at the house while we are away....I'm quite sure that the house angels are chuckling because there is so much activity!
    You and I really have to fly out here "unencumbered" while Zach lives in CA. The train today up the coast was relaxing and fun - Santa Barbara is a cool town.
    Owen is feeling much better....Can't wait to see you Tuesday!
    Love ya,
    Moo

    ReplyDelete