Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"God made you a mommy"


... thinking about the day I became a mommy 5 years ago! Yes, 5 years ago my first baby was born. How can he be 5?

Hunter,
I don't even know how to begin. You have taught me so many things about myself and about life. You have always had and still have the sweetest spirit. I pray that you will never lose your empathy for people. You have a way of seeing when people hurt, truly caring about them, and wanting to fix it. Your eyes will "water" over the slightest bit of bad or sad news. Yet, you are already so strong.... a little man in the making. How many times have you told me that you loved me right when I needed to hear it? How many times have you given me a hug at just right the moment? You truly have a gift, I pray you never lose this!

You are great big brother. You fit the oldest sibling mold to a "t". You are bossy and demanding, yet thankfully, you understand how to be patient and wait. You always help me with your brothers. I am so thankful that they have you as somebody to look up to. You are a Bible scholar! I swear you know more about the Bible than many church going adults. I love the way you look at your Bible everyday and now my Bible time is with you. I used to try and get my reading done before you guys got up, but now you want to listen to me read in the morning. You have reminded me countless times to read my Bible when I would have probably just "done it later" or not at all.

As you have already starting pre-school and will start kindergarten next year, you are moving into an age where you will be exposed to things that I wish I could shield you from. However, I already know Who you belong to. I have surrendered you to Him and I am already so sure that He has claimed you. Remember to always follow the narrow life and to always look up and not out.

Hunter, I have always wanted to be a mommy and I have prayed for you since I was a little girl. God is awesome and he answered my prayer by entrusting you and your brothers to me. I love you so much! You have so much to look forward to this year and I can't wait to see how you grow.

Happy Birthday Hunter!

And for the title of this post- I told Hunter that he made me a mommy and he replied, "No, I didn't, God you made you a mommy." Even at the age of 5, he understands that we are so little and God is so big!

Your life in pictures!
The day you were born6 months
1 year
1 1/2 years

2 years

2 1/2 years


3 years
3 1/2 years


4 years


4 1/2 years

5 years old!!!
Love you!

2 comments:

  1. I can't even believe this sweet baby is such a grown boy! He is such an amazing boy Hannah! Happy Birthday Hunter. Love you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm all hormonal and pregnant and whatnot, but Hannah, this post made me tear up. What a sweet boy you have and how nice to read about him from his mama's eyes. Happy birthday Huntsman!

    ReplyDelete