Sunday, July 5, 2020

Testing Testing- 4th of July

I literally just took a deep cleansing breath before starting to type... it has been far too long my precious blog.  It feels easy to be writing again as I know there is absolutely no audience anymore! :)

There is no way to fill in the blanks of the last year and a half.... if I feel the urge, I may go back and hit some high points but for now, suffice it to say, we are in month 4 of Covid-19 with many big question marks still looming. 

I was skimming through some past blog entries and ran across this one from July 2016.  It seems so fitting for today as well, I have linked it here.

So in honor of July 4, this was our day.

Yesterday, we were able to celebrate our nation's birthday with Chad's family.  It looked a little different this year as the entire family did not get together to eat. The boys still got to swim with cousins and then we went to PapaHub and Grandma's to eat dinner and wait on fireworks. 
Cousins!


I snuck this picture... My mother-in-law with her sister and brother.  I love they Nancy and Richard are able to come to the family get togethers.

The golf course across the road had a firework show this year that definitely competed with the city's show and we got to enjoy right in front of the house!  Honestly, the finale left tears in my eyes as it just reminded me how much we have to fight for and we need to "stand firm."

Our pretty amazing seats for the fireworks.
My sweet and funny niece

Bennett and Joey loving the show
In other news, Bennett is swimming like a fish.  It literally clicked overnight.  He went from not wanting to put his head under on Monday to swimming the entire width of the pool on Friday!  Go figure! 

I thought I got a video of Bennett swimming but I apparently didnt hit record---- blame it on the sunlight.

It was a beautiful day reminding us to pray fervently for our nation.

Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment