Tuesday, March 20, 2018

36 & 60

So, my birthday happened yet again.

My dad's bday and mine are only a few days apart.  Mom mentioned a couple weeks ago that we should throw a dad a small surprise party (with just our family.)  She set me out to organize it.

We all did a great a job keeping it quiet... that is until mom spilled the beans, quite by accident, two days before the get together. If you know my mother, then you know this is typical.  She is not known for her secret-keeping ability!
My dad and almost birthday buddy!  This ice cream cake was to die for!
Queenie, Eva, and Nolan

Diggin' in
Regardless, it was great having the family together for a few hours this Saturday celebrating Mantis (and my) birthday.
The whole crew... Zach and Anna are behind mom and Nolan was outside with the dogs.  So glad GrandmaDean was able to come too!!!!  

As for my actual birthday.  I took the day off work and I did the most glorious thing.  I pretended I was a stay at home mom again.  I did 6 loads of laundry (including changing all sheets), I picked Bennett up from pre-school at 11:30, I went to Wal - Mart.  Mom dropped by with coffee and I read part of a book and just piddled around my house.  It was the absolute best birthday present I could have given myself.

Speaking of presents, my husband is perhaps the worst gift giver ever.  We have just come to joke about it.  He is really bad.  I let him off the hook this year since I went and bought myself a car (AKA taking out a loan---- he havent had a car loan since 2006!--- so this hurts).
My birthday present for the next 4 years!

My sweet boys tried to do sweet things though their father did not take them shopping for me.  Hunter brought me home my favorite dum dum's... butterscotch.
Bennett gave me his St Patty's day necklace and a card with him and me (far right)
Ashton (3 days late) gave me his Reeces pieces he earned at Good News Club (but he also told me he doesnt really like them)
Shepherd made me some very creative pictures - complete with rubber band people sword fighting with push pins. He also made the giraffe picture.
Chad gave me car washing stuff (that I requested).

A picture is truly worth a 1000 words.
My birthday loot

Most importantly, I was loved on and hugged by my sweet fellas.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet friend. What kind of car did you get? Is it a Pilot. Love you and I'm glad you had a good day off!

    ReplyDelete