Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Come on In!

I have to chuckle at the two extreme titles of this post vs the last... oh, what a difference a week makes.

Though I still have so many things on want/ to do list, I feel ready to head back to work... tomorrow.  I would love to be able to take a week or two to really enjoy the house, but back to school we go.  The boys still have another week, but us teacher folks start tomorrow.

If you were to show up at my house right now, this is what you would see.  Some rooms are not done, other rooms are basically done.   As I complete rooms, I will post about them but here is what we have now.

I threw in a couple before pics (the small ones) just for a comparison.

If you were driving to our house, this is what you would see.



BEFORE
After

Love our long driveway.  Hunter says I back out "like a boss"  haha.



Side view

Walking to the front door.  This fall/ spring, I will get on the landscaping.. But short term, I trimmed bushes, yanked out dead stuff as well as that awful plastic stuff, and spread pine needles.


Door is open- some come on in!


Before it is ours...

Day 1 with us.

View from the front door.

The couch was a perfect fit... it is the only piece of furniture that will fit but it looks good.
View from the kitchen.  Paint color- Agreeable Grey

I love a good gallery wall and I think this one turned out pretty good.  This room was originally a formal dining room.  We decided to have a sitting area instead.  It also extends seating for tv watching and is a great reading nook. Paint color- Poised Taupe

This is not the kitchen of my dreams but, now that we are in the house, it is a lot better than I was expecting
Before.... bleh bleh bleh


Eat in dining- use the armoire as a pantry- Good idea mom!

One of my favorite features we added... a laundry shoot.  Just realized today that I forgot to paint the drywall section.. haha


The very messy garage... However, all that cardboard in the front is dump bound.  So, pretty soon at least one car will be able to be parked in the garage.

Our workout room.  We also have the desktop and the Wii is currently set up out here.  Still so surprised by how much I like this weird little room off the garage.
 Heading back inside...

Master Bedroom.  Still some stuff to do here but it could be awhile

The master bathroom is officially the only room that has not been painted yet.  I will get to it when I get to it....


And the last room on the 1st floor... Bennett's room.  I caved and let him pick out dinosaurs covers... I figured if it made it happy to have his own room (he still wanted to share) then it was worth.  Plus, I bought them from Wal Mart for under $35.   I have a few little touches to finish for his room but it is close to done
 Upstairs we go.
Shepherd in his art zone.  I have a lot of stuff to still hang up and he needs some new bedding.  He wants Minecraft and I said, "he!! no" (in my head) and "uh, no" (out loud).  We are looking for bedding with brighter colors and kind of block like.  I will know it when I see it.  But, for now, it is fully functional

The new upstairs den.  We still need some seating.  On the look out for something smallish as this room is not real big.
 And, the new section

Before the house was ours.
Part way through the process

This is worth the wait!  The new hallway.

Hunter's room.  Again, new bedding.  I hate these covers plus his sheets dont fit so lots of changes coming to this room in the coming months.  

Ashton's room.  Ashton actually has the largest room as the fusbol table had to go into a room.  Hunter really needs his get away time from his brothers so Ash was all to pleased to add the fusbol table and forego on some privacy.  Again, lots of changes coming to this room too.   He opted to stay in his twin bunk bed but add some seating underneath.  We got some clearance bedding at Target a month or ago... Figured this black and white check would blend with any sports stuff we add.

Boys bathroom upstairs.  More pics coming
 So, there is a quick tour.  I cant believe my summer is over.  It has been so busy.  With Chad working so much, I have had so many people step up to the plate to help out with the house and the boys.  So, thank you.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Moses made it! Love it and can't wait to see it in person!!!

    ReplyDelete