Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Ashton's Half and Surgery

It is time for those half birthdays to start cycling around.

Ashton is officially 8 1/2 today.  Second grade has been good to him. He has grown up (not so much physically - still skinny as a rail, but mentally) this year  He is still dramatic and mouthy but he doesnt act out as much when he is tired.  He used to be the one that if he didnt get a FULL nights sleep, then he was a MESS the following day.  However, now he copes much better.  Though he and Hunter go to be between 8 and 8:30, you can normally hear them talking until after 9.  Chad will sometimes tell them to be quiet, but I let them talk.  Hunter and Shepherd cringe when I kiss them, but Ashton will still kiss me every night.  I love it.  :)

Ashton still dominates on the soccer field.  He is still the youngest on his U10 team and he shines out there.  It is good thing he is athletic because he doenst have a lick of rhythm.  Coming from a family/ extended family that has some semi-musical people (on both sides), Ashton inherited my dads lack of musical ability.  Maybe it will click one day or... maybe not.  He cant clap on beat and almost always sings a word behind.  haha- Hunter is quite troubled by this.

For our annual half birthday date, Ashton and I hit an early dinner at his favorite place, Panera, after his soccer game on Saturday (where he scored and played an incredible game). (Let me brag on all kids - they all scored a goal in their games this weeken).  We, then foolishly, hit Carowinds (on a Saturday).  It was so crowded, but he didnt seem to mind.  He really loves one on one time so he talked my ears off.  It was a lot of fun.  He really is cool kid.
Carowinds date.

As for his surgery... I mentioned in my March Recap post that he had an extra tooth that was blocking his front tooth from descending.  He had the surgery about a month ago.  The tooth was freaky huge, looked like an animal tooth.
The tooth on the left is his "extra tooth), the tooth on the right was his baby front tooth that fell out in December.  
The surgeon wasnt sure if his permanent tooth was going to come down on its own if Ashton will have to go back and have it surgically pulled down. :(  So far, there is no sign of the tooth coming down so he may be going back.
Three hours after surgery, out riding his bike.  Kids are so resilient.  Look at his poor weak eyes though.
 They had to put him to sleep. I tried to prepare him for the feeling of getting gassed.  He was very funny after the surgery insisting that he never even went to sleep and that the surgery did not happen. It wasnt until I asked him about the stitch in his mouth that he looked perplexed.

Ashton, you are a really neat kid.  Kids at school love you, teachers always comment on how kind you are to others and how you are a leader.  Leaders have much responsibility, so lead well/  make good choices.  And continue to be Awesome Ashton.

Love ya sweet boy
~Mom

2 comments:

  1. I did not know that Ash was arrhythmic! Believe me that I will check this out next time I see him....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, Hannah, birthdays AND half birthdays? You're the best mom.

    ReplyDelete