Thursday, May 7, 2015

Hunter and the Guitar

Hunter started taking guitar lessons at the beginning of the school year.  His school has a program called E3 (E cubed) that focuses on the arts.  He has learned a good bit this year.  It was pricey though... $80 a month so I dont think we are going to do it next year (maybe when I go back to work).
Playing "Hopelessly Devoted to You" with his guitar teacher.
Taking a bow after his song.
The E3 students had their end of year program Tuesday night featuring Broadway music.  Piano, guitar, dance, tap (boys), and Soaring Singers (the 4th and 5th grade chorus) all preformed.
I just had to take a picture of the Tap Puppies (all boys tap) preforming to Newsies!  I love some Newsies.  It was actually really cute.  

Hunter did a really good job.  Ashton recorded it on the iPad but it is too long to put on the blog.
Hunter with his very pretty guitar teacher, Ms Kelsey.

Hunter and me after the program.  Quality stinks because the camera died and had to use my phone.
Hunter also did 3rd choir this year and think he will probably do the Soaring Singers next year.  Good job Hunter!  I hope that you continue to love music... super proud of you.  Since Ashton is also wanting to learn to play something, I have agreed to try and teach Ashton and Hunter how to play the piano/ read music.  We will see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh....Hunter looks so grown up! I, too, am super proud that he enjoys music and the arts - That's a real man!

    ReplyDelete